Lincolns in the movies and TV

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Lincolns in the movies and TV

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Edit: The original poster of this thread selfishly deleted his post (a feature no longer allowed). Because of this, my response is to a post that no longer exists.

You mean like the 1965 Sedan in the Matrix and the '66 Convertible in 3000 Miles to Graceland?

I have no more in formation than what you read about in the Comments. I think Quimby is one of those "old timers" who doesn't have a computer or Internet access...

But why don't we make this the thread about "Lincolns in the Movies"? This will be a good archive for that information for future visitors who search the forum.

What have you seen, past or present?
<mjabbasi>

Lincolns in the movies.Attn Dan!!

Post by <mjabbasi> »

I knew about those 2 movies you mentioned.The movies that I've not seen mentioned are:
1.Topkapi (1964)Maximillian Schell.Its set in Istanbul,Turkey and has a white '63 convertible through the whole movie.I've got the film and its quite interesting.Its about a jewel theft from the Topkapi Museum.

2.How to murder your wife (1965)Jack Lemmon.A powder blue 1964 convertible shown a couple of times in the film.Hope this film doesn't give anyone ideas on this BB,lol.

3.Protocol (1985??)Goldie Hawn.A '61-'64 convertible,can't be sure of the exact year as the whole car is not shown but the top does come up when it starts to rain all of a sudden.

4.Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy (1980's)Jaclyn Smith.2 black convertibles either '62 or '63 shown in the scene where the Kennedy's arrive on their first state visit to Paris.These cars were not there on the actual event.There are a few other films about JFK such as "Kennedy"with Martin Sheen in which they show the '61 Dallas limo with the original '61 front grille,not correct of course and "Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald"which also has a modified '62 convertible made into a limo for the Dallas scene.These were "made for TV" movies and not very popular.

5.Blues Brothers 2000.Dan Ackroyd.White '61 convertible shown for a few seconds at the beginning of the film.

6.From Dusk Till Dawn part 2.Can't confirm this but a friend told me he saw a suicide Lincoln in this movie.

7.Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963).Spencer Tracy and all * cast.A slight glimpse of a '61-'63 Lincoln parked in the scene where the guy in the hat & glasses tells Don Knotts a BS storey while being followed by a police helicopter and gets dropped of somewhere to make a call.The car is in the background.

8.Who's minding the store.(Early 60's)Jerry Lewis.Front grille of '62 Lincoln in the last scene where the police sargeant is in the middle of a car pileup surrounded by poodle dogs.

9.Whats up Doc (1972).Barbara Streisand,Ryan O'Neil.The beginning of the final car chase scene where this guy stops a yellow cab on the road followed by another guy jumping into a black Caddy convertible.In the background on the other side of the road is a white '64 sedan.You can't miss it.

Well thats all I can remember for now.Hope you can find these movies at the video store,not just for the cars but most of them are really great pictures too.
kim fitzgerald
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by kim fitzgerald »

Didn't the renegade frat boys in ANIMAL HOUSE cannibalize a '61 and destroy the homecoming parade with it?

And how about TV? I know the portly old guy who always wore black suits and derby hats on ANDY GRIFFITH toured Mayberry in a black 60s LC sedan.

Several episodes of TWILIGHT ZONE, and THE FUGITIVE featured Lincoln sedans.

And for the best in 60's vintage cars see Michael Mann's CRIME STORY series from the late 80's. The too stupid to be seriously threatening gangster named Pauly preferred Lincoln sedans.
MikeCio1
Occasional Visitor

Post by MikeCio1 »

There was a MarkIII they destroyed in the second (i think) Gumball Rally movie. Circa 1976 or so.
And lets not forget William Conrads MarkIV in Cannon. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Keep it coming!
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
hhmetal
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by hhmetal »

Hey Ken Stevens, what was that movie we had on in the shop last weekend while bead blasting some parts... I dont think it was any of these listed so far, and it was a light blue 63 with top down and tan leather interior. I dont think the flick was any good but the car sure looked sweat... would have been better looking if I was driving it [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Ken Stevens
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Ken Stevens »

It was "North" with Bruce Willis and he was driving a '64 convertible.

Dennis Hopper in "Waterworld" rode in a suicide door convertible on the big tanker. Boy was that a lousy movie.

My son said a movie called "Kalifornia" had a similar vehicle. I'll have to check that out.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

The Lincoln in Animal House is a '64 sedan, I do believe.

What's funny is that the movie supposedly takes place in 1963 or 62, so unless it's a brand-spankin' new '64 (fall 1963, which makes it even more dreadful) they used a car that didn't exist when the movie supposedly takes place.
kim fitzgerald
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by kim fitzgerald »

Dan,

That type of thing happens all the time. Just this morning I caught part of an old CRIME STORY episode (set 59-63) that had Farina standing next to his 59 Chrysler and next to it was one of those horrible late 50's De Sotos, and a 1970 Cadillac ambulance!

The tech advisors are supposed to catch this stuff along with large screen tv's, CD players, and computer monitors--amazing what gets by them.
kim fitzgerald
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by kim fitzgerald »

"Kalifornia" in another dreadful movie.

I checked my video store for CRASH, mentioned earlier in this string, and the lady said they didn't carry X-rated films.

A Lincoln in an X movie?
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I just thought of another one, a bad one: The Car

The story about an evil decked-out Lincoln Mark III that just appears out of nowhere, is indestructible, and doesn't like cemeteries. It's available on DVD!

Wonder if that car still exists? It would be cool to see in a Lincoln meet!

Neat, huh?
metaiwan
Occasional Visitor

Post by metaiwan »

How about cheech and chong's up in smoke?
<mj>

Post by <mj> »

Is North a new movie?Never heard of it.Yes Kim Crash is a sort of X film.It was banned for a while and it is a bit of a sick movie.In Kalifornia is a '63 convertible but if you look in some of the scenes you see the dash of a '62.Pretty odd.Crash might be found in one of those "Alternative"video stores.
<Chris Brown>

Post by <Chris Brown> »

In Godfather III, there was a '68 or '69 Limo.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

What kind of Lincoln was in "Up in Smoke"? (I haven't seen that movie in like 20 years).
metaiwan
Occasional Visitor

Post by metaiwan »

i think it was a 65 or 66 convertible, i could be wrong(the detectives were driving it).

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”