1955 Thunderbird Mark II

This area is for those who need help modernizing their Lincoln for purposes other than strict restoration. Such questions can be about adding an electric fuel pump, adding fuel injection, boosting horsepower or gas mileage, or tightening or lowering the suspension. Body customizing and chopping can also be here (although this practice is not encouraged by the LCOC).

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

Bill Prince
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: 1955 Thunderbird Mark II

Post by Bill Prince »

The Mark II trunk lid hump, in my opinion, seems to go great on the 1961-63 Lincoln Continental. The similar Mark II style tail lights and fender kickup hump, and rather short overall car length, as well as the close coupled interior - make it almost look like a continuation of the Mark II with the trunk hump.

My long ago crude photo editing, to show sort of how it would look. That would also be a neat car to produce, but my hands will be full for several years on the thunderbird Mark II Speedster.
1963 Lincoln Continental spare tire hump.jpg
Thanks,
Bill

1961 Lincoln Continental Convertible (White/Blue), 1961 Lincoln Continental Sedan (White/Blue - 37K miles), 1972 Mark IV (Pastel Lime/Green). See photos of my cars at Cardomain.com - search for gormanwpjr

Return to “Updating, Modernizing, and Customizing”