2023 Mileage Challenge Thread (OFFICIAL)

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

TonyC
TLFer for Life

2023 Mileage Challenge Thread (OFFICIAL)

Post by TonyC »

Submitted for Forum approval: Think it be about time for a new mileage challenge? Anyone?
Admin: Approved!

I can start it off; below is Frankenstein's mileage as of yesterday, on his 57th birthday. Subtracting my end-total from last year's challenge (98,842.9), that comes to 5,624.4 to date this year. They haven't been easy miles, I'll admit, having been through three oil changes already; but they aren't by any means the last.

If approved for the Forum, then show yo' miles!

---Tony
Attachments
Odo Reading, 25 March 2023
Odo Reading, 25 March 2023
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: 2023 Mileage Challenge Thread (OFFICIAL)

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Approved. Bring on the challenge. I won’t be able to compete because reasons. But I encourage everyone to make every effort to enjoy their Lincolns.
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

Tony, 5,600 miles plus already!!!! Holy Head Start, Batman

My 739 miles last year pales in comparison and at the moment the car is still sitting in the garage here in snowy Ontario.

To: SV66 .............. I don't think we better say we're all tied if we post under 1,000. You beat me fair and square last summer and I can handle the loss like a man. :grin:
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Won't be putting many miles on this year. We'll be away for one of the LCOC events, and the other ends on the holidays. Not going to the homecoming 'cause getting tired of the same old thing and those crappy hotels. Also, gonna be away for about 2 months during driving season. Will post miles when we get home.
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

Tony, I’m not only betting that you’ll beat my Lincoln mileage, but also my everyday car mileage! Here it is…I’ll check back in 2024.
Attachments
A6C9F986-5192-4857-8E37-D93F10EEBBAE.jpeg
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
1Bad55Chevy
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by 1Bad55Chevy »

Lee wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:02 am Tony, I’m not only betting that you’ll beat my Lincoln mileage, but also my everyday car mileage! Here it is…I’ll check back in 2024.
That cluster in a S40 Volvo?
55 Chevy 2 dr/ht pro street 427
71 Lincoln Mark iii
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee #1168 of 4000
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

No, it’s our “Moon Car” Honda CRV. Perhaps the most optimistic speedometer since the 90 MPH scale in my ‘65 Bug.
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

I was also going to comment about that, I know i haven't even driven 5,000km this year and that's a lot less then miles. Tony might be beating mileage records for any older car other then probably ones in Cuba.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

:lol: Thanks, all, for the admiration. Consequences of having a clap-door Lincoln as one's sole means of transpo, I suppose; not meant solely to show off (though I will admit that is another factor). But if there's a point I'm trying to prove, it's to encourage other owners to give their respective cars the exercise they really need. Yes, there's the risk of issues, as happened with me on my last road trip (which contributed over half the miles racked up so far), where I could have blown myself sky-high...but if you know your car, you can deal with such issues.

Another road trip is nigh, so my next report will be higher. In the meantime, let the miles rack up, fellow Forum colleagues!

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

"Yes, there's the risk of issues"

No, really????? 😃😲
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

I have been really fortunate so far ...... (knock on wood).............. although historically my longest day has only been 120 miles (round trip 60 miles to and from Kingston, ON) but it's been such a happy machine to drive. The issue I do seem to be facing is when I casually glance down at the gas gauge and exclaim, "How is that needle possibly reading less than a quarter tank?" :grin: :grin:
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Yes, I know about that. Ever since I put in the current sending unit it acts like a GM unit, reading about a quarter-tank less than is actually in there. But I guess it's better to think there's less gas than there really is. Of course, when a fuel pump blows its diaphragm, then the gas does drop faster. :doh:

That was what happened to me last time...which would have been bad enough, but it was worse. The inner seal also blew, so some of that gas was mixing with the oil. That was a scary 300-mile stretch for me.

---Tony
"Question Authority!"

TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

C'mon, guys-'n'-gals, nobody has mileage to report? Can't believe this thread dropped to 14th place on the list, so I'm bumping it. I still have 13 more days before I give my second quarterly report, so c'mon, let's see what you all got! Somebody gotta have something! Hard as this may be to believe, I'm not looking to humiliate anyone who doesn't put a whole lot of miles on; actually, on the contrary, I'm trying to encourage everybody to rack up the miles.

---Tony
"Question Authority!"

rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

Well, I will indeed take an "embarrassing" 2023 mileage photo later today and then post it.

After the "Demousing Affair" was over with - you might say that my car has actually been used but unfortunately my drive distances are simply pitiful, "Honey, lets grab a coffee-to-go and get out for a drive before bedtime." But I will say that the local Railway Museum (fairly big 13 acre affair) has asked me to drive the Lincoln over for the day as part of their Fathers Day Event being held there. So, that's six blocks one way..... hmmmmmn I better wait till I get it back home before I take that photo, gotta get every tenth of a mile in.
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Spring spruce up work just done earlier this month, so only had it out last week to our local annual cruise (1,300 cars, 25,000 people) so not much driving to date. Going away next week for a month, so we'll see how many miles get put on, since no long trips planned. Also will be having the interior redone once I get the leather, so it is what it is. Luckily, the Packard is all done so I can take that out, which is the plan for next weekend.

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”