The next road trip

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: The next road trip

Post by TonyC »

Haha, ahh, gotta love drawing attention like moths to a flame. :D Frankenstein still does that, every day I take him out. It's fun, innit...?

Yesterday I started a tear-down into the cruise control, as I'm just tired of that thing not working when it should. I opened up and disassembled the servo; didn't find any fried circuits, but one O-ring does seem suspiciously loose in there (the center one in the main vacuum feed), and there was a lot of greasy mess outside and inside, which I cleaned off. I'm hoping I can get this thing working properly soon, as the Audiovox CCS-100 is no longer available anywhere, not even in used condition; and I'd really prefer not to replace it entirely after having customized the dash to integrate the system to look OE. I mean, I suppose I could, and that would free up the accessory panel for another control I have been toying about adding...but I'd like to fix what I have if I can. Cruise control is all but necessary for long road trips, and I'd prefer to be able to use it on this upcoming next one.

Following up on another point, I feel back to normal; the symptoms cleared up over the weekend. I don't know what caused them. It may have been some physical exertion from the weekend prior; or heat-exhaustion from keeping the A/C off half the day, which I normally do to keep the power bill under control; or maybe overdoing a couple ingredients in the pot of chili I made on the 4th...or a combination. I don't know, but they're gone now.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Thanks, George, but the car isn't as clean as you think. Standing far from the car hides the dirt from driving. :grin:

Got to the Soo (realized I spelled it wrong in my previous post) with no problems and spent the afternoon & evening with friends. Did have some construction on 17, but no big deal.

Heading over to Mackinaw City tomorrow to spend the day at the island, then Thursday morning over to Dearborn for the PDC show.

Getting much better mileage with the new carb. Total for the trip as of this morning after the fill up in Sudbury:

Total Miles - 1,245
Total Gallons - 93.1
Ave. MPG - 13.4 (tank that was all highway driving 14.1).
Total $$ - $548.21
Ave. $/gal - $5.89

Here is the one picture from Sudbury yesterday.
Attachments
The Big Nickel, Sudbury, ON
The Big Nickel, Sudbury, ON
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Made it to Dearborn for the show with no problems. Ran into a few a few friends and will see how the show goes; have never been here before. Other than that, nothing much to report.
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Nice day at the show. Didn't walk around much since there were about 500 cars, about 100 of them Lincolns. Nice variety of cars. After the show, swung by the world headquarters for a few shots. Heading out tomorrow morning for home.
Attachments
Ford World Headquarters
Ford World Headquarters
Ford World Headquarters sign
Ford World Headquarters sign

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”