Mark III Body explosion drawings

This area is reserved for the ever growing need for technical documentation for our Lincolns. It is where scans and pics of schematics, wiring diagrams, vacuum diagrams, technical bulletins, and all similar documentation is made available to members of TheLincolnForum.Net. The best part is it is all free. Original owners copyright is assumed as this information is only provided as a reference for members.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

carlimann

Mark III Body explosion drawings

Post by carlimann »

I want to dissasemble the whole front of my Mark III in order to restore the engine compartment and everything inside. I have the well known orange shop maual on cd, but can't find explosion drawings to help me find all the screws, bolts, ect. I have to loosen (and fasten later). Can anybody help me? Thank' to all - Carl from Germany
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Mark III Body explosion drawings

Post by Dan Szwarc »

You won't find it. Just do it and document yourself.
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Yes, I was going to say the same thing........take 5,000 pictures. Remember if it went together, it will come apart.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
carlimann

Post by carlimann »

Thanks for the information. Sounds like I should better leave my hands off of it ......
I don't even know, where to start ...... bumpers, fenders?
elcad70
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by elcad70 »

I believe you might be looking for the exploded drawings in the Master parts manual.

http://thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/viewt ... +the+forum
1970 Mark III Lincoln
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Ahh, but when it comes apart, will it go back together again? THAT'S the $64 (or in Carl's case, 53€) question. :wink: Hope he has the best of luck with his aspiring project. I sure would've liked to see his Mark when I was still in Germany.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)