2016 LCOC Board Meeting

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

2016 LCOC Board Meeting

Post by John Mc »

Hi all,
I will be at the LCOC National Board Meeting next week in Florida. Outside of the recent mistakes in Continental Comments which we are all aware of and will address in detail, any other thoughts of issues regarding this great club and how we can positively promote membership? I'm not seeking a chain of complaints of how the LCOC is a nit-picking, non-inclusive good-old-boy club. If you think that, you have not been at a LCOC event in a very, very long time. Some fresh ideas? Feel free to PM me or if you wish to volunteer your service.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by John Mc on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: LCOC Board meeting next week - comments?

Post by CaptainDave »

John, thanks for the outreach. I don't see enough of that on this forum from the powers that be at LCOC, so your comment is refreshing. I remember you've reached out before, too.
One thing I would really like to see is a registry. I am fond of the 1961-67 slabside convertibles but the original Continentals and the Mark IIs are also deserving of comprehensive registries. There are many examples of such registries on the web (those for Studebaker Avantis and, of all things, Volvo 164s come to mind). The idea is to capture as many records as possible, not just of members' cars but of all extant cars as well as those that have been destroyed, if reliable information is available.
The current directory lists just under a hundred 1966 convertibles, e.g. Perhaps LCOC has another 20 or so member cars that are "unlisted" in the directory. There were around 3000 built. The question often comes up "how many are left" and we can't answer because we only count member cars.
Let anyone register their car and put the register online. Some of those registering cars will later become members. And in the meantime, valuable history is collected and maintained. You could even give those who register free membership for a year, without the magazine. (I belong to the Studebaker Drivers Club but this year downgraded to no-magazine membership, which is only $10 p.a. Who can't afford that?)
Finally, this isn't the first time I've suggested this, and when I did before (not to you, to someone else), I got no response. Say yes, say no, say maybe, even say it's a dumb idea, but get back to people who are interested enough to take the time to write in if you want people to stay members.
Good luck.
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"
wmaloney
Frequent Contributor

Post by wmaloney »

I like the registry idea, and if it can increase membership even better.
Bill Maloney
1963 LC Convertible
1965 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Thanks to both of you, great ideas, and I will present these ideas to the Board.

Bill, are you going to the Holiday Luncheon this Saturday? Hope so.
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
wmaloney
Frequent Contributor

Post by wmaloney »

Wish I could John but I will be out of town at my niece's engagement party. When I told my wife I had never heard of engagement parties I got the look. The fun part is that my niece has inquired about having my Lincoln be in the wedding procession so I am looking forward to that.
Bill
Bill Maloney
1963 LC Convertible
1965 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Well that's too bad, but your convertible at the wedding????
Awesome!!!!
:grin:
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
wasagachris
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by wasagachris »

John Mc wrote:Hi all,
I will be at the LCOC National Board Meeting next week in Florida. Outside of the recent mistakes in Continental Comments which we are all aware of and will address in detail, any other thoughts of issues regarding this great club and how we can positively promote membership? I'm not seeking a chain of complaints of how the LCOC is a nit-picking, non-inclusive good-old-boy club. If you think that, you have not been at a LCOC event in a very, very long time. Some fresh ideas? Feel free to PM me or if you wish to volunteer your service.

Thanks in advance.
Whereabouts in Fl is the board meeting?
1961 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr Sedan,
1973 Lincoln Continental Town Car 4 Dr,
1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Stars & Stripes Edition
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Tampa at the Holiday Inn near the airport.

All LCOC members are welcome to sit in, so if you are down there, by all means stop by and say hello!
:)
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
wasagachris
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by wasagachris »

John Mc wrote:Tampa at the Holiday Inn near the airport.

All LCOC members are welcome to sit in, so if you are down there, by all means stop by and say hello!
:)
Yes John I'd love to sit in and drop by to say hello. Can you PM me the details if you don't want to post them here. Thanks.
1961 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr Sedan,
1973 Lincoln Continental Town Car 4 Dr,
1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Stars & Stripes Edition
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Hi that actual hotel is The Holiday Inn - Westshore Airport, 700 North Westshore Bvld. Tampa FL 33609. The two days of discussion will begin at 8:00 AM on Thursday 1/14. Two days of meetings will terminate at the actual Board Meeting on 1/16, Saturday morning. In the handout it states that while only board members will be sitting at the table, chairs will be assembled around the room for visitors. Also visitors are allowed to speak during the meeting if recognized by the Chair. Please stop by, it would be good to meet you.
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Hi John

Not sure what the latest is regarding administration of the club merchandise, but the last time that I tried to order anything it was a disaster. Communication from the administrator was poor to non-existent. Even basic photos were not available of these items that were listed in the back of Comments. I sort of like to see what I'm buying before I pay for it. Figured that was a simple request, but apparently not. Maybe no one else is willing to handle it or not enough demand for merchandise to care? Seems like the club is wasting an opportunity to generate cash flow.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

LithiumCobalt wrote:Hi John

Not sure what the latest is regarding administration of the club merchandise, but the last time that I tried to order anything it was a disaster. Communication from the administrator was poor to non-existent. Even basic photos were not available of these items that were listed in the back of Comments. I sort of like to see what I'm buying before I pay for it. Figured that was a simple request, but apparently not. Maybe no one else is willing to handle it or not enough demand for merchandise to care? Seems like the club is wasting an opportunity to generate cash flow.
Yes, the service was simply horrible - I was burned myself. All of our LCOC merchandise is now handled by Cornerstone out of Minneapolis and I'm certain that that problem has now been fixed. Cornerstone can be reached at 763-420-7829. AND, you can become a LCOC new or renewed member at he same time!
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

I just paid my membership so no problem there. Where can I see a catalog, of sorts, for the merchandise?
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

LithiumCobalt wrote:I just paid my membership so no problem there. Where can I see a catalog, of sorts, for the merchandise?
Nick, they should be on our website by following the link in my signature or in the back pages of Continental Comments. If you have trouble, contact me. Thanks for your patience.
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
Ken Stevens
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Ken Stevens »

FYI: on the national project page the Mytar drawings are listed as "Mylar." Small detail I know, but that should be corrected.
Ken Stevens
61 LC Convertible

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”