Looking for BOOT (ACCELERATOR SHAFT): C1VV 9A873-B....

Engine, fuel system, cooling system, heating, carburetors, exhaust, transmission, wheels, and other items related to the moving the car.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Looking for BOOT (ACCELERATOR SHAFT): C1VV 9A873-B....

Post by Dan Szwarc »

defrang wrote:Detroit Deviant makes this among other Lincoln 61-69 gear. https://echelondesignworks.godaddysites ... t-assembly.

I bought one. Haven't taken the time to put it on yet.

29 dollars US.

Rob
Definitely a bargain. I'd buy if I needed one.
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

I'm saving that link. You never know when one will come in handy.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Now that I know of this I have to check my car to see if it is missing. What exactly is its function again?
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

To keep anything liquid from going into the cab through the accelerator--water from the ground, oil from the engine, transmission fluid from the gearbox, etc. (ask me how I know this). Without that, your floor and carpet will get soiled.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Actually we know a lot of things we wish we didn't, don't we? At least what we know can now save someone else from "Knowing"...Wayne
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

I ordered one 5 minutes ago for my '61 Sedan. :grin:
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

When restoring my '63 LCC, the only real rust I found in the whole car was in the driver's floor pan under the accelerator pedal and in bottom of the gusset. When I started to troubleshoot this issue, I found the remnants of the accelerator shaft and the boot. The boot was half gone, and what was left was hard like brittle plastic. The shaft and accelerator pedal were rusted so badly that I felt them too compromised to re-use. The moral of the story is, I feel certain that the busted boot became a funnel for water into that hollow frame "channel" when the PO drove in the rain. The water brought the rust.

I bought a boot, a boot bracket and a gently used accelerator pedal and shaft from the Usual Suspects. I wire brushed and vacuumed out the rust in the interior channel where the shaft runs. Then sprayed the Eastwood Interior frame coating in there. I sanded and painted the area under the car too. Plus, I wire wheeled the floor pan and used a rust converter product on it. Then came back over the few pin holes with some metal epoxy (yes - JB Weld). Used some Eastwood seam sealer putty in the seams where the original filler had come loose or come out (or got inadvertently helped out by my aggressive wire wheelin'). After it cured, (like bone dried 7-day cured) I painted everything with a couple of coats of POR-15 all around, and then re-assembled everything.

It was an unexpected diversion that probably took me 3 to 4 weeks to get right. But a good use of time for good piece of mind (did that rhyme?)

Just glad I found it before it got worse to the point that I'd have to replace the floor pan or cause a mishap while driving.

Mark
Mark in Charlotte
1963 Lincoln Continental convertible
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

And I bought 4 of the cool Lincoln logo courtesy light lens covers from Detroit Deviant. My original ones have faded to a dull yellow. I know the new ones aren't original but to me they are a classy looking deviation.
Attachments
IMG_1686.PNG
IMG_1683.PNG
Mark in Charlotte
1963 Lincoln Continental convertible
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

John Mc wrote:I ordered one 5 minutes ago for my '61 Sedan. :grin:
Well here are some shots of the boot that I recently installed. It all went went well, but I do have some concern that while I made sure I have free pedal/rod movement, there is a lot of things going on where that boot comes out of the floorpan, like the speedometer cable. Just want to be damned sure that rod does not get hung up on something, or you will be in for a very interesting ride!

I used the new metal plate that came with the boot, but did re-use the original screws.
IMG_2776.JPG
IMG_2776.JPG (39.28 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
IMG_2779.JPG
IMG_2779.JPG (31.21 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Checked on my car a few weeks back. Astonishingly, original still intact. Figured it would be shredded to Hell by now.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Well even though my ‘61 will probably never see a wet street, I’m still glad that big opening is now closed up.
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

At the risk of sounding stupid, does anyone know the methods of payment Detroit Deviant accepts?

---Tony
"Question Authority!"

John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

TonyC wrote:At the risk of sounding stupid, does anyone know the methods of payment Detroit Deviant accepts?

---Tony
I bought it from their website with a CC as I recall
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by defrang »

PayPal
Robert DeFrang
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Aces! I was hoping PayPal was an option. :) So nothing is in the way of my getting one...or two, just in case, sometime in the future, a newbie gets tired of his 'vert and makes an offer I can't refuse.

---Tony
"Question Authority!"