Where to find classic Lincolns for sale

This area is for members to post Lincoln-related automotive items for sale or trade (help the buyer find you!). Auction links are allowed. Dealers in automotive parts are discouraged from using this free bulletin board to advertise their "for profit" sales. Personal sales are encouraged to help Lincoln owners fix their cars. Please post to your message if the item has been sold. All posts over 90 days old will be deleted.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Where to find classic Lincolns for sale

Post by Dan Szwarc »

That's why I use "-fits" because if it's for a 64 Lincoln, why would they tell me it FITS a 64 lincoln? It's only the crap that could fit any car that uses it.
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
ekm330
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by ekm330 »

linc64 wrote:Here's a tip that I just learned from another forum member. Instead of searching for "1964 Lincoln Continental", which yields over 5,500 results, with all the "crap", use "1964 Lincoln Continental -fits", which yields a lot fewer results at just over 550.
The downside now is that you can't use a wild card for the year like you used to be able to.
Great tip! All those crappy, unrelated "fits" items piss me off :smt011 .
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

toddallen wrote:I use that "-" system for -nuts,-bolts, -kits, etc.

What does "fits" take out of the search?
-fits removes all the aftermarket crap that "fits" any car, like light up license plate bolts, LED replacement bulbs, and generic junk.
Eli_Shahar

Post by Eli_Shahar »

if you're looking for a car, then go to ebay motors--search cars and trucks!

you can select a range, and you get only cars. 1964 Lincoln gave 6000 + results, I then went to the left side, refine search to "crs and trucks" and it gave me 5.

CL also has that option.
bernburg56

Post by bernburg56 »

Has anybody in the Dallas north Texas area ever encountered or know anything about this Lincoln? Thanks :?:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/3804596475.html
Gerald F. Chase
Addicted to Lincolns

my surprise here:

Post by Gerald F. Chase »

OK; beware of the following strong opinion:

E-Bay is just plain LOUSY, and unwieldy. I have tried to use E-Bay about twenty times over the last five years, and it's ALWAYS a PITA! All that site does is argue with me. "Give E-Bay to the fat lady!" :lol:

On the other hand, I have had consistent success using CRAIGSLIST, an infinitely superior website.

One of the practical advantages of Craigslist is that it's divided into geographical areas. Most potential buyers, even ones with large hobby budgets, have limited time: they don't have the TIME to seriously consider buying a car that's more than, say, 600 or 900 miles away from them.

Secondly, every time that I have logged onto E-Bay lately, I get thrown into PARTS sales-----I want VEHICLES FOR SALE. WHY, OH WHY, DOES E-BAY HAVE TO MAKE NAVIGATING THEIR SITE SO DIFFICULT??? I know that "it takes all kinds"; but honestly, I am very surprised that E-Bay works . . for anybody. It stinks.

I have bought my last two cars via Craigslist.... over the last five years..... and it's been a pleasurable experience each time. [Both were 80s Town Cars.] At the very least, the potential buyer knows immediately the rough geographical location of the car for sale. This saves such possible buyers lots of time.

My opinion here is based on personal experience----nothing more.

UPDATE: I bought an '89 Chevrolet Caprice w/ the F41 sport suspension from the original owner last June... and it was found on CraigsList. The sale went through smoothly, and no problems. AND, I knew approximately where the car was located.. from the very get-go. You will not be apprised of this info right off the bat... reading E-Bay ads.
Last edited by Gerald F. Chase on Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
burnski
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by burnski »

http://cars.oodle.com is actually a search engine indexer for other used car sites.
Pat
Bagged 1964 Lincoln Continental
My Air Ride Install, My FiTech EFI Install
Holzi
Occasional Visitor

Post by Holzi »

If you can't Fix it with an Hammer, you got an Electric Problem !
ACHRMN

Post by ACHRMN »

We are starting to find buy and sell classic lincolns. http://www.Americanclassicsandhotrodsmn.com
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

Welcome, Achrmn
I checked out your website. Very cool. On that '66 Lincoln convertible you have your listing says its VIN is 0987654321098. That is not a valid VIN for the car. Can you tell us what it really is, please? Thanks.
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"