63 Convertible 4.6 Build

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

drdvldog
Frequent Contributor

Re: 63 Convertible 4.6 Build

Post by drdvldog »

Dan...I am going to put together some pictures tomorrow on the rear window auto drop relays...John Draxler did my whole rear set up but there is no provision for the relay for the auto drop feature and I have the part numbers and source of John's relays, just need some "executive consultation" on whether I am picking the right ones!
drdvldog
Frequent Contributor

Post by drdvldog »

These pieces are giving me hell right now...what do you do to work these dents out? More importantly, who can I send them to in order to get them straightened without costing a 1000 bucks for just these four pieces?
drdvldog
Frequent Contributor

Post by drdvldog »

Radiator has Cobra brackets bolted to it and it looks like they were made for this little spot right here....which the radiator tucks into nice and easy.

The tubing here needs to get notched back a bit for some clearance for the radiator drain opening.

Need to get the intercooler mounted with some custom bracketry on the front lower below the big "M"; however, I need to get the silver panel on the ground there bolted up and get the bumper brackets on to see how much room I have to work with inside there....cause I am also going to need some room for the A/C condenser.

Gratuitous side profile shot of wavy body!
twistngo
Frequent Contributor

Post by twistngo »

Glad your back. I don't remember if I offered or not, but I have those brackets I made to lower the bottom strut mount that I am not going to use. I think there is a pic of them somewhere on my build. Back to the point if you want them they are yours, I will be in Winchester, VA this weekend if that is close for you I can bring them and we can meet. If not I can ship them to you, let me know if you are interested.
66 Continental convertible, 13 SHO slightly tuned
02 Custom built softtail, 15 Expedition EL, 05 Thunderbird
00 Crown Vic Eaton M112 blower, Tremec 5speed......etc
Suzuki RF900 Just a little engine work...... And yes my wife is invisible
twistngo
Frequent Contributor

Post by twistngo »

Page 9 of my build about half way down, I have shoulder bolts to go with them also, its all your if want it.
66 Continental convertible, 13 SHO slightly tuned
02 Custom built softtail, 15 Expedition EL, 05 Thunderbird
00 Crown Vic Eaton M112 blower, Tremec 5speed......etc
Suzuki RF900 Just a little engine work...... And yes my wife is invisible
drdvldog
Frequent Contributor

Post by drdvldog »

Awesome...I need to go take a look. I am going to pull the springs and struts up front and fab some rods for ride height measurement so I can get the struts made. I was thinking about how I was going to make the top mount work...once I get away from my government computer and can see the pics, I will shoot you a PM with your travel plans!
drdvldog
Frequent Contributor

Post by drdvldog »

New parts....YEAH!!!

Time to get the tranny bracket fab'd up...

SCT Flash tuner with a custom tune from Cody at StangHi in my home town of Baton Rouge, LA

SCT Big Air mass air flow meter (since my whole set up didn't come with this particular part)
drdvldog
Frequent Contributor

Post by drdvldog »

Time to get to work with the TIG...

Here is the rough in...radiator will come forward a bit farther into this pocket...

Here is a shot of it from the front...left side still needs to be chopped and recessed as well, but I am going to cobble together the whole cooling array here to see what and how deep a cut will be required...

Here is the Vintage A/C condenser with the include brackets...

Here is that condenser mocked up on the radiator...

Here is the whole set up in the car with the intercooler just laid in to see what needs to move or change...

Here is the side profile to see how close that front bumper will actually be to the intercooler....the answer is too close...I am going to have to move the whole set up inboard a bit to give it all a bit more room to breathe.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Looking good!
aseraj

Post by aseraj »

any update?
what happened?

Return to “Customized Member Projects”