Complaints about Ebay and CL listings...

This area is for members to post Lincoln-related automotive items for sale or trade (help the buyer find you!). Auction links are allowed. Dealers in automotive parts are discouraged from using this free bulletin board to advertise their "for profit" sales. Personal sales are encouraged to help Lincoln owners fix their cars. Please post to your message if the item has been sold. All posts over 90 days old will be deleted.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

saltyroads
Frequent Contributor

Re: Complaints about Ebay and CL listings...

Post by saltyroads »

Does constructive criticism still count? lol
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

saltyroads wrote:Does constructive criticism still count? lol
It's a fine line. Asking for details is OK. Assisting in the sale is OK. Offering suggestions is OK.

Just treat the seller with a little respect.
Buddy67Lincoln
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Buddy67Lincoln »

I like the new ban on bashing. I am sure it will take some time for us to realize that and some deleted bashing topics should be a reminder. Send this link to the poster so they get the idea sooner than later! We should never make enemies on the forum especially as these cars get older and new owners take ownership and they use this forum to help preserve their investments and share their own knowledge. Piss everyone off by bashing and they will never come back. Too much B.S. on the H.A.M.B stopped me from signing on for a while. Pissing others off can really hinder the connection we all have at out fingertips today.
John Lyman
Stinkin Lincoln, LLC
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan (2018) FOR SALE 25,000 miles from original owner
1963 Lincoln Continental Convertible (2018) Rose Metallic
1964 Lincoln Continental Convertible (2018) Patina Custom
1964 Lincoln Continental Convertible (2010), my baby
1967 Lincoln Continental Coupe (1999), first Lincoln
WANTED: 1967-69 Passenger side mirror, any condition, and buckets seats
toddallen
TLFer for Life

Post by toddallen »

OK I am cornfused. So if there is a ridiculously priced Lincoln on ebay, a posting about this is banned completely? I thought it had to be in this thread only. :smt017
1963 Linc Convertible
1963 Linc Vert parts car
1968 Mustang FB
2009 Cadillac CTS
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

toddallen wrote:OK I am cornfused. So if there is a ridiculously priced Lincoln on ebay, a posting about this is banned completely? I thought it had to be in this thread only. :smt017
Complaints about ridiculous prices can be discussed in this thread: http://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/v ... 15&t=36281

However, it is not good form to link directly to the ad.

This thread is discussions about such complaints. You may want to read the other thread I posted about b*tching and moaning on this forum, in general.
JUST 1BULLITT

Post by JUST 1BULLITT »

Well said, good point -- we can keep this forum "clean" and true to the original intent. (A rising tide lifts all boats/"Lincolns" : >) IF anyone on CL or Ebay gets "big" or ridiculous $$ for ANY Lincoln it makes all of ours "worth more" in some venues. Any vehicle is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I have cars that I wouldn't sell at any price. To each their own. :smt004
Gerald F. Chase
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Gerald F. Chase »

Hopefully, this is not a repeat . . but . . . what about those mindless morons that don't include a phone number in their ads? :!:
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Use the CL email link.
Gerald F. Chase
Addicted to Lincolns

Thanks, Dan. It works on my computer in the cold basement, but not on hers upstairs . . . which has definite appeal in Winter.
Payne
Occasional Visitor

Post by Payne »

I read this thread with an odd smile... So now am I guilty or NOT guilty?
My 56 is on ebay NO RESERVE... You can go to members projects and see what was done etc...

Im not going away!!! and quite honestly I know Ill be kicking myself when it sells... But I have too many projects!!! ((Of course hat doesn't mean I'll stop looking for a 63-63 conv.))
Ready Shoot ..AIM!!!
Gerald F. Chase
Addicted to Lincolns

Personally, you can give E-Bay to the fat lady. Honestly, I cannot fathom, though having tried repeatedly, just why E-Bay is so difficult to navigate. I just tried it again, trying to be fair-minded; but I wind up fighting with said site's software. Ever notice how hard it is to find out where a given car IS on E-Bay? I fill in the "fields", such as '80 - '89 TCs, and it shows me late models all the time. I give up!

I find that CraigsList is much more easy to use. . . and even bought my daily driver via said site.

I remain confused by one poster on CraigsList, though: the contact is limited to e-mail to him . . . and despite my repeated e-mails to him, he never replies: either by e-mail or telephone. YET, he keeps renewing his ad every five days or so. "Hey, buddy; how can I contact you . . if you limit it to e-mail which you don't answer??" And the latest on that nice car is that it's no longer on the site. Well, there's no explaining some people, that's all. Peace to all who desire peace.
Gerald F. Chase
Addicted to Lincolns

FOLLOW-UP: The guy FINALLY put his phone number in his ad.... after four or six months.

I went to see it, and drove it. It wasn't bad.... but it wasn't worth the asking price range, IMO.

I found a car just as good a couple of months ago . . . and bought it for ONE-THIRD the price of the other. It surely pays to be patient, and "shop around". BTW, I think Autumn is the best time of year to BUY... whereas Spring is the best time to SELL. Sellers in the Fall know that Winter is coming . . . . . .