Sneek Preview - 64 Linc Convert

This area is for those who need help modernizing their Lincoln for purposes other than strict restoration. Such questions can be about adding an electric fuel pump, adding fuel injection, boosting horsepower or gas mileage, or tightening or lowering the suspension. Body customizing and chopping can also be here (although this practice is not encouraged by the LCOC).

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

KULTULZ
TLFer for Life

Re: Sneek Preview - 64 Linc Convert

Post by KULTULZ »

Just wondering. Looking at it again, the interior has been redone in soft leather, correct? Can you give me an approximation of what it cost? :shock:
Not A Current LINCOLN Owner -

- Just An Admirer...

MEL DIVISION 1958-1960
NdaWeeds64

Post by NdaWeeds64 »

Well I obviously want to get my investment out, making a profit in this market is hard. I was actually thinking about going two price options. One an "as is" state like it is now and one with the Super Marauder intake if it actually fits. I don't have the super marauder fuel pump the car has an electric fuel pump. I could always use the Marauder in another project. I was thinking about doing a 56 Lincoln and I could use a rebuilt beefed up 430 in that build with my intake, way cool. I think this may be a car that someone would be interested in as there are not a lot of custom converts out there. The interior was done in white leather. I was lucky, I got sponsored from the guy who did the seats, so my out of pocket expense was not that bad. NES Upholstry did a great job. I have a new appreciation for the cost of an interior and the cost of chrome and polished stainless steel.

Remember positive and negative feedback greatly appreciated. How did I do? This is my first major build. These Lincoln's naturally look good but it still takes a lot to get them there... I think Bakers holds the mortgage on my home - joking.
empire
Occasional Visitor

Post by empire »

Nice ride. I've seen it a few times in the local shows. My buddy has a white '63 in the dirty Shwa and aspires it to be like yours. My '68 will be cool when done, but nothing of that caliber. Good luck.
NdaWeeds64

Post by NdaWeeds64 »

Thanks. "Dirty Shwa" Is that Oshawa? What shows did you see it at?
suicidedoors1964
Occasional Visitor

Post by suicidedoors1964 »

Really cool build. I'm curious about the air suspension and the four-link setup. Could you describe the difference in the ride of the car before and after?

Also with the 22 inch wheels, are you running the same size tires front/back?
Ndaweeds64-1

Post by Ndaweeds64-1 »

I had to open another account at work that's why the user name has the -1. To be honest I didn't drive very long with out air ride. The ride was great, it's a Lincoln. But in my opinion, my opinion only the original cars sit way to high at ride height. When I got the car 6 years ago I changed the front and rear to air ride using the leaf springs in the rear and installed 20" rims with a spacer. The air ride set up was ok but I didn't get the drop I wanted in the rear. The car had too much of a rake aired out. When I finally got serious about the build I contacted Adam at Mobsteel. People can say what they want but the kit at Mobsteel was a nice fit and I didn't have to waste my time fabbing up my own kit. I like the ride I have now but beleive me you know your running on 22's, I had about the same ride on the 20's. 22's just look better and you don't see many other classics that can run 22's on the front and back. I do drive the car around my city and on my highways. But for any national events the car is trailered, I would surely loose a rim driving on Detroits highways. Yes, the tires on the rear are larger than the front by an inch or two, I don't know the exact size off hand. Mobsteel rims were my rims of choice because there was no guess work regarding the off sets. I was not trying to copy Mobsteel but their products work and they are very easy to deal with.
KULTULZ
TLFer for Life

Post by KULTULZ »

NdaWeeds64 wrote:
I was actually thinking about going two price options. One an "as is" state like it is now and one with the Super Marauder intake if it actually fits. I don't have the super marauder fuel pump the car has an electric fuel pump
:smt023 GOOD! You realize the worth of the setup.
I could always use the Marauder in another project. I was thinking about doing a 56 Lincoln and I could use a rebuilt beefed up 430 in that build with my intake, way cool.
I would like to see the development of that.
I think this may be a car that someone would be interested in as there are not a lot of custom converts out there. The interior was done in white leather. I was lucky, I got sponsored from the guy who did the seats, so my out of pocket expense was not that bad. NES Upholstry did a great job. I have a new appreciation for the cost of an interior and the cost of chrome and polished stainless steel.

Remember positive and negative feedback greatly appreciated. How did I do? This is my first major build. These Lincoln's naturally look good but it still takes a lot to get them there... I think Bakers holds the mortgage on my home - joking.
I think the degree of quality and results is fantastic. Now I personally do not care for the big wheels, but I am an old guy. It doesn't interfere with the end result as much as I originally thought.

On a scale of one to ten I would give it a fifteen... :wink:

- Just An Admirer...

MEL DIVISION 1958-1960
KULTULZ
TLFer for Life

Post by KULTULZ »

FORGOT!... :roll:

Is it possible to get more detailed shots of the interior without the child seat?

The interior and body color makes this car...

- Just An Admirer...

MEL DIVISION 1958-1960
Ndaweeds64-1

Post by Ndaweeds64-1 »

I was really luckly to get the intake. I have read discussions of the this intake on the forum but no one has completely done the install yet. Rumors are they were produced in 58 only and only about 800 units were produced by ford possible so it could be used on the race circuit???? The 56 that I am thinking of would be a custom with wide whites the suspension would be all modern with a Krugle front and rear (in board brakes) suspension. Not to make the original guys mad but I was thinking of possible a 2 or 2 1/4 inch chop, very suddle. For this 64 Lincoln I was thinking about a third set of wheels, custom made 57 t-bird wire rims with the knock off http://www.hobbycar.com. That way this car would totally lay on the ground. I think this car could pull off both looks thanks to Pfaff Designs. I wanted the car to be somewhat custom but not to loose the look in my opinion Lincoln already prefected. This car was custom direct from the factory in 1964. The car is at our shop right now I have a guy who may be interested in the car and I am waiting to see if he actually flies out to see it. Once I know what's going on I will shoot more photos of the interior.
KULTULZ
TLFer for Life

Post by KULTULZ »

Ndaweeds64-1 wrote:
I was really luckly to get the intake. I have read discussions of the this intake on the forum but no one has completely done the install yet. Rumors are they were produced in 58 only and only about 800 units were produced by ford possible so it could be used on the race circuit????
There are many restorations and HI-PO's done with the setup. The setups were made by MOON per MERCURY specs for the 1958 run. They were not released until the spring of 1958, so that is one reason you don't see many. LINCOLN was also going to offer the option, but they backed out (they have unique air cleaner(s) ). What they had they sold over the counter or to MERC DIV.

The 56 that I am thinking of would be a custom with wide whites the suspension would be all modern with a Krugle front and rear (in board brakes) suspension. Not to make the original guys mad but I was thinking of possible a 2 or 2 1/4 inch chop, very suddle. For this 64 Lincoln I was thinking about a third set of wheels, custom made 57 t-bird wire rims with the knock off http://www.hobbycar.com. That way this car would totally lay on the ground. I think this car could pull off both looks thanks to Pfaff Designs. I wanted the car to be somewhat custom but not to loose the look in my opinion Lincoln already prefected. This car was custom direct from the factory in 1964. The car is at our shop right now I have a guy who may be interested in the car and I am waiting to see if he actually flies out to see it. Once I know what's going on I will shoot more photos of the interior.
I like the idea of wire wheels. They make anything classy, just like CRAGAR SS.

- Just An Admirer...

MEL DIVISION 1958-1960
NdaWeeds64

Post by NdaWeeds64 »

Yea that look is classic exspecially on a custom. I have been working on cars for years with my dad. Now 38 this was my first build that I financed. Here's a shot of the last custom my dad and i did before the Lincoln. Any suggestions out there on an asking price for the Lincoln, I was thinking 75, that's my break even point. A person could not contract a build like this for that amount. Better yet any particular sites out there to offer a car like this for sale besides ebay??? Has anyone had any success using ebay. I sound like a broken record but all your comments are welcomed. I would like to send any propective buyers to this site to read all the various comments and learn about these cars.
Attachments
IMGP20266.jpg
fatmike
Occasional Visitor

Post by fatmike »

What are those hubcaps?
NdaWeeds64

Post by NdaWeeds64 »

yup off a 56 Caddy placed on a 40 Cadillac LaSalle
empire
Occasional Visitor

Post by empire »

Yes it's Oshawa. Look out for a white '62-64 ( can't remember which year ) with black 20's and a ROCKSTAR plate. That's my bud Jesse from work.

I'm trying to fit 22x10 on all 4 corners of my '68. Car is at my shop now getting ready for fresh brakes and getting ready to do body and paint. I'd like to get the car to Scrape this year, and the show at Kreater. I'm pretty sure I saw your car at Scrape and Performance World.
Ndaweeds64-1

Post by Ndaweeds64-1 »

Empire. I know your going for 22's, if that doesn't work out for you I have a set of 20's with new rubber. This is an old shot of the car before the rebuild. Photo courtesy of Lowrider magazine.
Attachments
0703_lrmp_02_z+canada_lowrider_show+jason_handsor_64_lincoln_continental[1].jpg
0703_lrmp_02_z+canada_lowrider_show+jason_handsor_64_lincoln_continental[1].jpg (72.46 KiB) Viewed 894 times

Return to “Updating, Modernizing, and Customizing”