Sneek Preview - 64 Linc Convert

This area is for those who need help modernizing their Lincoln for purposes other than strict restoration. Such questions can be about adding an electric fuel pump, adding fuel injection, boosting horsepower or gas mileage, or tightening or lowering the suspension. Body customizing and chopping can also be here (although this practice is not encouraged by the LCOC).

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

NdaWeeds64

Sneek Preview - 64 Linc Convert

Post by NdaWeeds64 »

Hi everyone. I have been on this site a lot over the years, mostly as a behind the scenes observer. I was not going to show any photos of my 64 until it was completely finished. Since I am about 97% there I thought I would post some photos to get some feed back. The only piece of the puzzle missing is the 58 Super Marauder Six pack that was recently rebuilt. Before the questions start, I bought the intake on ebay and had it sent directly to be rebuilt, so I am not positive it will fit but Buddy67 has me feeling pretty confident. Here are the specs on the Visual Impressions - 1964 Lincoln Continental convertible. Please post some feed back, any feedback, positive or negative would be greatly appreciated as I have plans on selling the car this summer/fall.

The vehicle was originally sold in New York and ended up in a private collection in Texas. The collector died and there was an estate auction and a gentleman in our area bought 4 cars from the collection. In total 3,328 convertibles were sold in 1964. This is a complete numbers matching convertible. As previously mentioned this car has received a full body on frame restoration. The underside of the vehicle has been restored/blasted with all factory spot welds visible. The underside was finished in flat black continuing to the pinch molding. In an effort to keep a more modern and classic look for the Lincoln the services of Murray Pfaff Designs were enlisted, http://www.pfaffdesigns.com. Murray has created over 30 different looks for the vehicle including two tones and graphics combinations. Parts and accessories for the Lincoln were primarily purchased through Bakers Auto in Connecticut, http://www.bakersauto.com and some through Lincoln Land in Florida, http://www.lincolnlandinc.com. The body and floor panels on the car are solid with no patch panels installed.

Driveline. Rebuilt 430 engine and three speed transmission. Stainless exhaust with stainless magna flow exhaust. Four wheel disc brakes. The front brakes are from a 1965 Lincoln. The calipers are rebuilt 3 piston calipers with a rebuilt 65 booster (one year specific) from Power Brake Booster Restoration, http://www.boosterdeweyexchange.com with a larger size dual master cylinder. The rear brake kit is from Gear Head Engineering, http://www.gearheadengineer.com. The drive shaft has been sand blasted and powered coated black. The engine currently has 3 custom painted true fire engine covers. As discussed a 1958 Super Marauder intake is in the final rebuild stage at Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle, http://www.hotrodchassisandcycle.com.

Air Supension – The front suspension is an air bag set up with Slam Specialty air bags. The rear suspension is a Mobsteel, www.mobsteel.com, four-link with Slam Specialty air bags. The air ride set up is a four wheel independent configuration, meaning each wheel can be independently operated by a switch. There is also a separate switch to operate both front or rear bags or all four bags at one time. The valve system for the Lincoln is GC 150 valves, http://www.gcvalves.com. The valves have been hard plumbed into the chrome 6 gallon chrome air tank. The air tank is filled using three 480C viair compressors, http://www.viaircorp.com. There are two batteries contained in a covered trunk compartment with a battery solenoid to separate the front battery from the two rear batteries. The controls for the air ride are contained in a custom black 1964 DropStar model Lincoln. The air is managed through two dual needle gauges contained in a custom under dash console.

Interior. The interior was finished in white leather by nes upholstery, www.nesupholstery.com. It has the rare split bucket front seats. New black carpeting specific to the 64 Lincoln was installed. The spedometer has been professional rolled back to zero after the engine rebuild and all gauges have been rebuilt except the clock that currently does not work. All power locks and windows work with new actuators added to the rear passenger window to allow the windows to drop before the door is opened. New weather stripping from Bakers Auto have been installed. Custom center console installed with backup water, oil and temp gauges along with air pressure gauges. Custom air brushed true fire panels were painted by Crash Customs, www.crashcustoms.com. Both front driver and passenger door can be opened by remote. There is a hidden Sony stereo and speakers along with a viper alarm.

Chrome and Stainless. Exterior and interior chrome and stainless was plated and or polished by Midway Plating, www.midwayplating.com.

Trunk/ Convertible top. The original interior of the trunk was completely refinished to match the exterior of the car. The beginning stages of the fiberglass work was completed by Nosa Moda Customs, with the interior body work done by Visual Impressions. All hydraulic pumps and relays for the convertible top are new and contained in a custom panel, together with two new hydraulic cylinders to lift the trunk. The convertible top is a new white vinyl top installed by Nes Upholstery. The convertible top can be operated by remote.

Wheels – Custom Mobsteel 22” "Big Al" chrome wheels with Faulken rubber obtained directly through Mobsteel.

Color is the Dupont 2008 Chrysler, Inferno Red Crystal Pearl.

I have had a good run with the car so far. Meguires VIP sponsorship, Detroit Autorama, Toronto Performance World and Goodguy winner.
Attachments
Lincoln 4 Sale 0111.jpg
Lincoln 4 Sale 0111.jpg (199.49 KiB) Viewed 2987 times
Lincoln 4 Sale 0099.jpg
Lincoln 4 Sale 0255.jpg
Ozanam0122[1].jpg
Last edited by NdaWeeds64 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NdaWeeds64

Re: Sneek Preview - 64 Linc Convert

Post by NdaWeeds64 »

Here are some more pics
Attachments
DSCN31255.jpg
Lincoln 4 Sale 0233.jpg
Lincoln 4 Sale 0222.jpg
Lincoln 4 Sale 0222.jpg (167.34 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
58limited
Lincoln Maniac

Post by 58limited »

Very nice! You've done a great job.
1953 Chevy 3100 truck; 1957 Pontiac Transcontinental Safari; 1958 Buick Limited Coupe
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 HT; 1977 Lincoln Continental Convertible
Moderator, 1958 Buick Forum: http://www.1958buickforum.net/forums/
Don't Let Education Stand In The Way Of Learning
NdaWeeds64

Post by NdaWeeds64 »

Couple more
Attachments
IMG_43822.jpg
IMG_4415_1__22_.jpg
IMG_4339_1__22_.jpg
Last edited by NdaWeeds64 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
toddallen
TLFer for Life

Post by toddallen »

THAT CAR IS FRIGGIN SWEET 8) 8) 8)

Very nice job! I bet you have a small fortune into that tri power set up :shock: It would look great on that car, but I doubt it will fit since the earlier Lincoln that it came out of had a higher hood clearance. In 1961 the intake manifold was redesigned to a low profile style to fit with the new body. My guess is you would need to sell it, or install a hood scoop.
1963 Linc Convertible
1963 Linc Vert parts car
1968 Mustang FB
2009 Cadillac CTS
NdaWeeds64

Post by NdaWeeds64 »

Only time will tell. At least keep you fingers crossed for me. Buddy67 your thoughts? I have had the hood on and off this car enough to know that there can be minor adjustments made re: closing, possible enough to get the six pack under there. I could always run topless and hoodless for effect - joking. That 427 cover on buddy's car looks like it fits / clears his marauder, the styles are similar.
58limited
Lincoln Maniac

Post by 58limited »

I hope the Marauder set up fits with no modification. But if not, a hood scoop would not look bad on that car.
1953 Chevy 3100 truck; 1957 Pontiac Transcontinental Safari; 1958 Buick Limited Coupe
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 HT; 1977 Lincoln Continental Convertible
Moderator, 1958 Buick Forum: http://www.1958buickforum.net/forums/
Don't Let Education Stand In The Way Of Learning
LC67Vert
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LC67Vert »

Your car looks terrific... what more can I say??? It would look a little nicer without the kiddy seat in the back though!!! Great job, the quality of the work looks top notch and must have cost a small fortune to get this far.
Jeff
1967 Lincoln Continental Convertible
TimMcBride
Frequent Contributor

Post by TimMcBride »

WOW, very nice.
--Don't learn the tricks of the trade. Learn the trade. --

1962 Continental Sedan
palomar142
Lincoln Maniac

Post by palomar142 »

Wow is Right!!!

Thanks for sharing the pix. As for the kid seat--it shows you care about a very special little one. Nice they made it to match the interior. The paint is beautiful, and shows differently in different lighting. I really like the trunk interior all polished. Great work.

--Russ
saltyroads
Frequent Contributor

Post by saltyroads »

Not a bad way to spend 80 grand.
NdaWeeds64

Post by NdaWeeds64 »

Thanks for all the comments. As everyone knows you can have a love hate relationship with these cars. If I knew from the start what a challenge this car would turn out to be I would have built a "catalogue" car. Any suggestion out there where to advertise the sale of this project???
67cab-dk
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by 67cab-dk »

looking great very nice ride you have 5 stars from me :grin:
>>THOMAS<<
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2260951
1967 Lincoln Continental convertible
KULTULZ
TLFer for Life

Post by KULTULZ »

58limited wrote:
I hope the Marauder set up fits with no modification. But if not, a hood scoop would not look bad on that car.
Shown is the hood clearance with an EDELBROCK and three ROCHESTER 2G's. The OEM setup may not sit as high.
Hood Scoop- 64 LINC 3 X 2_1.jpg
Hood Scoop- 1964 LINC 3 X 2_2.jpg
Not A Current LINCOLN Owner -

- Just An Admirer...

MEL DIVISION 1958-1960
KULTULZ
TLFer for Life

Post by KULTULZ »

NdaWeeds64 wrote:
Any suggestion out there where to advertise the sale of this project???
Are you expecting to get what you have in it or better?

That restored TRI-POWER will bring a lot on it's own. If you are just planning to sell the car, you might want to do it as two separate packages. Do you have the special fuel pump?
Not A Current LINCOLN Owner -

- Just An Admirer...

MEL DIVISION 1958-1960

Return to “Updating, Modernizing, and Customizing”