Collector car insurance

This forum is for discussion of those terms we see in car ads and articles that can be misleading, misunderstood, or misused. The goal is to arrive at definitions we all can agree upon.
Bob Hubbard
On Special Assignment

Re: Collector car insurance

Post by Bob Hubbard »

I have my Tbird insured with American collector's,with an agreed value of $24,000.
They recently upgraded the value from the 22,000 when I first insured with them when I got the Tbird.
There are no restrictions on where I drive, or when, but there is a 5000 mile limit.
Bob.
JonW
Lincoln Maniac

Post by JonW »

I have ANPAC Chrome. They're based here locally and they sponsor a charity car show for kids every year. And their rates were very competitive. I have 7 cars, 2 motorcycles, and my house insured with them, so I have some leverage. Chrome is their name for their collector car division. This is where I disagree with the post about not going through a local agent. Given the amount of my premium for everything listed above, my agent better go to bat for me if I need him. He's a nice guy and we've built a good relationship, so I think he would. You won't get that with an internet purchase.
1962 Continental resto-mod
Yeah, it's got a Hemi
1979 Mark V 1 of 1
Triple Turquoise
1979 Mark V Bill Blass Edition
autostick
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by autostick »

I am about to drop my State Farm parade car policy (less than 1,000m/yr) with an annual premium of $86.10
that buys 100k/300k liability / 50k property / 100k medical / $50 deductible comprehensive / $500 deduct collision.

I am considering Hegarty's collector policy with an annual premium of $112.00
that buys 100k/300k liability / 100k property / zero medical / zero deductible comp / zero deductible collision.
This is the plan with no roadside assistance cuz I have AAA premium and do not need medical coverage.

Sound reasonable to you? Should I go ahead with it? What other factors would you consider?
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

$112 for an annual policy is dirt cheap. I don't see how you can go wrong.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

There was a Chubb Collector tent right next door to the auctioneer's tent at the concours where I bought my LCC. We use Chubb for the house, and I figured fewer vendors is better than more. Being right there, he could walk 100' to get VIN numbers and inspect the car and he made it totally painless. Also, I like to support people and companies who support our hobby. Chubb and Haggerty both had tents there.
I have my regular car insurance with Amica. Can't say enought good things about them, they're terrific. They don't do collector's, they refered to someone else, American Collectors, I think.
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"