2005 Mid West Meet

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

2005 Mid West Meet

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

I thought I saw info on the LCOC.org site about this meet, but it's not there. Anyone have info on it? Isn't it scheduled for Indianapolis in Sept?

Thanks!

Stu
Vitas
No Longer With Us

Post by Vitas »

September 14-16

We will be able to drive on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Where can I get more information? Didn't see it on the national site.

Thanks!
Vitas
No Longer With Us

Post by Vitas »

Hi Stuart,

The January – February Meet issue of Lincoln and Continental Comments said that “further details” will be coming in future issues. The March-April issue should be out in the next week or so for those of us that get it slow mail. I sent a few e-mails around tonight.

Ordinarily I register about two weeks before the meet.

Vitas
Vitas
No Longer With Us

Post by Vitas »

The most recent issue of L & CC says the same thing:

“further details” will be coming in future issues.

On page six of the March - April 2006 issue it says "If you would like to compete in a national meet, your Lincoln registration must be in no later than 18 days prior to the concours date."

The old rule was 10 days.
spitter
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by spitter »

The only other additions I'll mention are from the inside back page of the March/April issue...

Track Drive Around
Museum Tours
New Car Displays
Indianapolis Tours
Banquet to be held at the new IMS facilities
other activities...

Jay
Jay Spitz
'67 Continental Sedan
67BendelLCC
Dedicated Enthusiast

Stay home or go?

Post by 67BendelLCC »

Help!
Indy is 2 hours away and I got family there too. So, attending the Sept event is very appealing to me as I won't have to fork over $$$ for hotel and stuff and best of all...an opportunity to drive my 67 the 2.5 miles around the speedway.

So, why all the fuss you may ask?

Well, to be honest, I'm concerned on two fronts.

1. The 67 is my driver, not looker. I've posted enough pics for any curious person to judge if she would be welcome...but, I'm so insecure... Will they put me on the island of mis-fit toys?

2. Outsider...I've recently read a few post from individuals who have attended meets only to walk away feeling left out. The story line is that those that know folks stay with the folks they know. While I can muster the nerve to open conversation, I'm wondering if others will welcome the new guy....

Therefore, here is an idea...

IMHO, this forum and it's members represent the LCOC. You all have been wonderfully helpful, critical and supportive as I've worked on various car related items.

Perhaps, if we could track who is attending, interest would grow as others recognize the opportunity to shake hands and express their gratitude for the help folks like LugNut, DanS, Bob H. and countless others provide on a daily basis.

Hell, DanS needs some major recognition for keeping the blood pumping in this very system I'm using right now. Someone posted that they would have given up their car if not for the valuable information contained and available through the Lincoln Forum.

Dan, thanks for all the work in keeping us connected. Oh yea, have you done a backup lately :wink:

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”