Wanted. Pitman arm for 73 mark iv

Place your messages for parts or cars wanted in this forum. If you have something to sell, you may want to see if someone is already looking for it here. If you find what you needed, please post a reply to the original message that you got it. All posts over 90 days old will be deleted.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

hotrod429
Lincoln Maniac

Re: Wanted. Pitman arm for 73 mark iv

Post by hotrod429 »

1Bad55Chevy wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:21 pm
hotrod429 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:34 pm

I’m in the Midwest.

Diesel here is $3.99-$4.19/gal and my Cummins is getting 15mpg. I do this twice a week, Monday morning, and again Wednesday afternoon. Then sometimes Friday afternoon.
IMG_3983.jpeg

After this carb swap, I’m getting about 13mpg. There’s a place by work that sells premium for $3.50-$3.60/gal.

If my math is correct, my fuel bill will go from $240-$250 a week to about $160-$170.

I know not a lot, but that’s $300/month. That’s one weeks worth of fuel back in my pocket.
Today I paid $2.99 for regular unleaded and saw that diesel is currently sitting at $3.19. I think super is sitting at $3.3x but I haven't had to purchase any in a minute!

Does your lincoln have the D3VE head? If so couldn't you just run normal unleaded since it's a low compression open chamber head?
Yeah, I saw that diesel came way way down. Figures I pull out the Lincoln and diesel drops.

It was $3.5X at the cheap station headed to the big town, $3.7X out and about in Cincinnati areas, but STILL $3.99 near me in the middle of nowhere’s lmao. The loves truck stop (the closest fuel to me) is still over $4/gallon though.
1973 MK IV. Finally back on the road :)
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Here in Maine if we look, we can find regular unleaded for 3.50, Otherwise we have to be "members", and we can save a dime.
hotrod429
Lincoln Maniac

Post by hotrod429 »

Lee wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:06 pm When you mentioned Cincinnati, I figured it might be Green Sales. They've got a corner on a lot of NOS and hard to find parts.
Yes they do. And apparently I do a lot of work down the way from them. Never knew they existed.

Good folk though. From the one order, they seem like a good place.
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

The engine is a 1970 429 with D3Ve heads (had to pass California emissions at the time of swap and the D0VE heads failed visual inspection=older engine swapped into the car. Any engine swaps must be same year or newer).
Ah, okay. Yeah, never been to Cali but know enough about it. Soon as they see the "D0" it's considered a failure. Little so they know (or care) that they contribute to emissions with those fascist prohibitions. But I digress. Considering that your engine is non-stock that does change the picture from what I stated earlier. Have you ever tried stepping down your octane, like going from 92 to 89 and making note of the results? It is best to determine just how low you can go without knocking and stick with that. Not everybody adopts a "so crazy it just might work" mentality with my crazy ideas; they just adopt a "that's just crazy" 'tude...which is fine.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible, affectionately dubbed "Trigger"
hotrod429
Lincoln Maniac

Post by hotrod429 »

TonyC wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:28 pm
The engine is a 1970 429 with D3Ve heads (had to pass California emissions at the time of swap and the D0VE heads failed visual inspection=older engine swapped into the car. Any engine swaps must be same year or newer).
Ah, okay. Yeah, never been to Cali but know enough about it. Soon as they see the "D0" it's considered a failure. Little so they know (or care) that they contribute to emissions with those fascist prohibitions. But I digress. Considering that your engine is non-stock that does change the picture from what I stated earlier. Have you ever tried stepping down your octane, like going from 92 to 89 and making note of the results? It is best to determine just how low you can go without knocking and stick with that. Not everybody adopts a "so crazy it just might work" mentality with my crazy ideas; they just adopt a "that's just crazy" 'tude...which is fine.

---Tony
She runs on mid-grade but stalls when coming to a stop. At least this last tank did.

I’m back with 93 octane and she’s running like a top.

Of course, diesel came way way down since getting the Mark back on the road lmao
IMG_4135.jpeg
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Ah, so you did already do that check. Stick with that if that is what works.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible, affectionately dubbed "Trigger"