To Dan

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

1Bad55Chevy
Dedicated Enthusiast

To Dan

Post by 1Bad55Chevy »

Hey Dan I wanted to say you do an outstanding job running this forum and I really do appreciate it!

After seeing your thread bump from 23 years ago it got me thinking.....

1. What was your favorite build ever documented on this forum? I have looked through a number of them and have seen some pretty cool stuff.

2. What was your favorite thread ever posted to this forum? Either humorous or interesting or educational or helpful just whatever.

Running this circus for all these years I know you have seen it all so I just wanted to see your top picks!
55 Chevy 2 dr/ht pro street 427
71 Lincoln Mark iii
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee #1168 of 4000
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: To Dan

Post by Dan Szwarc »

There have been some great project threads. There was a 76 Continental where they guy literally reseller the frame (beautifully, I might add) and re-did everything.

Also, one where the guy out suicide doors on his 70s sedan.

There have been some utterly hilarious “oops” threads. My favorite is probably the one where the guy “accidentally” shot his transmission through the hump inside the car.

https://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/ ... 41#p349741

The most frustrating posts are anyone who doesn’t inspect, open, disassemble, or make any attempt to fix something before asking for advice. Literally, “My car doesn’t start, what’s wrong? I’ve done nothing and I’m all out of ideas” questions.

Got a rattle? Go to the forum.
1Bad55Chevy
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by 1Bad55Chevy »

That was absolutely crazy that guy shot his car.

I was digging through nonsense on here the other night and somehow ended up in a post about the Lincoln MK S. I found it to be hilarious because everyone was so excited for the release of such a POS. People were talking about how impressive the CTS Cadillac was completely unaware of how the terrible the GM 3.6l was.

I ran across someone in here trying to build "THE CAR". There were some pictures of one in a building and a thread about it but idk I'd anything came out of it. I assume there are 100 to 1 dream build post on here opposed to actual builds.
55 Chevy 2 dr/ht pro street 427
71 Lincoln Mark iii
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee #1168 of 4000
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Yes, not everyone is a George Barris. :lol:

I had also seen more of those pudding-brained "What to do" posts than I could tolerate...many of them coming from newbies-with-'verts. I H8 newbies-with-'verts. :P

I think the incident where the transmission was literally shot began my regular snark about clearing weapons whenever somebody posts about something being "shot" in the figurative context.

But I have to say, anybody with the skills and resources to change the hinging configurations of cars that didn't have those configurations get respect from me...like, for example, the one who reversed the hinges on that '68 Coupé. To this day I find that so 8) ! Still H8 the wagon-wheel treatment, though...

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

1Bad55Chevy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:35 pm I ran across someone in here trying to build "THE CAR". There were some pictures of one in a building and a thread about it but idk I'd anything came out of it. I assume there are 100 to 1 dream build post on here opposed to actual builds.
The Car thread

The FB Page
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I had a 93 Grand Marquis once that was headed for the junkyard. The only responsible thing to do was to shoot the poor thing in the side before they came to get it. I think I remember a movie or a show a long time ago, where the main character shot his car through the radiator after it became useless. The look on the actor's face was priceless. Wayne
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Now I remember a Maaco commercial from the late-'70s, Western-themed, cowboy going out with a rifle to shoot his old Mustang: "Goodbye, old paint." :lol:

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

This was a pistol job, I think. But also Western themed. Memory may be (is) defective. Wayne
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Oh, that's so cool that somebody uploaded that! I was thinking about searching for that on YouTube, but you found it for me already! :clap:

---Tony
"Question Authority!"

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”