1949 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Sport 4dr Lucille

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
tomo
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: 1949 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Sport 4dr Lucille

Post by tomo »

Ivan, I appreciate that you would like to scan and catalog the books yourself, but that is a large task that has been done and the results made available at a reasonable cost. Are you sure that you have the time to scan all of the books, catalog the pages and still hav time to enjoy working on your car?
Tom O'Donnell
Palatine, IL
1953 Capri Sport Coupe
BobtheCro

Re: 1949 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Sport 4dr Lucille

Post by BobtheCro »

Hi Ivan, I read your post about wanting a picture of the Cosmopolitan dash illuminated at night. I took these shots last night and I realized I have no light bulbs working, except for the map light and shift indicator. I'm glad I saw your post otherwise this may have surprised me at a bad time.
You got to love how much radium they used back then, you probably don't need instrument bulbs after a bright afternoon!
Bob
Attachments
20240403_222343.jpg
20240403_222257.jpg