1981 Lincoln Town Car Coupe Parts

Place your messages for parts or cars wanted in this forum. If you have something to sell, you may want to see if someone is already looking for it here. If you find what you needed, please post a reply to the original message that you got it. All posts over 90 days old will be deleted.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Town Car Coupe

1981 Lincoln Town Car Coupe Parts

Post by Town Car Coupe »

Hey fella's new on here. I have a '81 town car coupe. Searching for 2 electronic fuel injection emblems, and the drivers side rear trim. Thanks..
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: 1981 Lincoln Town Car Coupe Parts

Post by TonyC »

Welcome :smt006 !

I'm not an expert in trim details for the early-'80s cars, so I don't think I'd be of much help. I think I recall what those EFI badges looked like; if memory serves they spelled out the words, not merely the abbreviation (similar to the "Automatic Overdrive" badges that were also installed in those early years of the '80s). If I'm right, hopefully that will help anyone who may be able to help you.

I'm not sure exactly what trim is missing on the port-rear of your car. Although the Coupés did have significant body differences from the sedans, there were still some pieces that interchanged. If you can post a picture of that section and point out what's missing, that should help determine whether it's exclusive to the Coupés or not. If it is exclusive, it will be difficult to find an organ donor for a replacement...but not necessarily impossible.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)