INSTRUMENT PANEL ON 1977 LINCOLN MARK V DOES NOT ILLUMINATE

Power windows, power lock, power seats, radios, heaters, fans, motors, relays, air conditioning, and other accessories or wiring-related items.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: INSTRUMENT PANEL ON 1977 LINCOLN MARK V DOES NOT ILLUMINATE

Post by TonyC »

Actually, the deep-well and turbine wheels were first used on the '76 IVs, maybe optional in '75; but from '72 thru '75 those covers were the standard-issue. I never thought they were carried over to the Vs, because I've only seen maybe two Vs (including yours) flaunting that design of cover. But I say again, they do look very good on the Vs.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
OldSchoolLincolnGuy

Post by OldSchoolLincolnGuy »

I agree Tony. I was thinking of getting custom spoke wheels for the car but then thought that may be too gaudy or flashy. Instead I wanted to preserve the elegant and classy look of the car. Those shiny metal wheel covers with the metallic silver paint does compliment it.
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

Back in '79 when I worked at a L M dealership, I thought all hubcaps were lame and only aluminum would do. Today, we are so used to aluminum, the hubcaps look better! People change, I still don't like the outward flared ones as much though, prefer those.
I recall seeing very few of those, even back then, and possibly only on used cars, not new, so they may have been dis-continued by '79.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.

Return to “Electrical & Accessories”