Blackwood springs

Frames, uni-bodies, suspensions, axles, springs, bushings, shocks, brakes, rotors, hubs, etc.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Blackwood springs

Post by frasern »

I just fabricated a whole bunch of brackets for a work bench, out of a pile of old bedframes. Bolted it all to the walls of my steel shop, nothing to nail to in there.
As for driveable junk, you guys re mere amateurs, we have no inspections here, and anything goes with some of these people. Half the cars in this town have plastic sheet for windows and red construction tape for taillights, spider web windshields, missing headlights, doors that bind with the fenders. And on cars, that are less than 10 years old!

Also, "Blackwood springs" sounds like a new subdivision.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Don't know what happened to my last post, but Fraser, you will be the first guest at Blackwood Springs Resort, right here in St George, provided that I get rich before I die. You won't mind the wind, even when the power goes out. Each room is untastefully adorned with used bedframes for the handy among us. St George is also home to Mechanical Arts, a shop owned and operated by Captain Phil, who is also a graduate of McPhearson college. His shop is just down the street and I'll bet he has put bed frames to good use. When you use the words "mere amateurs", I thought of what a "rank amateur must be. I think it is someone who has trouble controlling his air emissions. Are we off the topic or what? We have indeed sprung away. Wayne
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

Wayne, I bow to the master of hijacking!
'62 and '67 LCC.
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

I have too many roots here to pick up and leave but if I was ever going to move far or political stupidity pushes hard enough Frasers part of the world is where I'd go.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

Given that the Blackwood is long gone, it seems appropriate that it is actually a cemetery.
Attachments
IMG_0438.JPG
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

You are all both profound and cool. Where the heck did you find that sign? Does anyone know where the OP went? Wayne
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

papawayne wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:39 am Does anyone know where the OP went? Wayne
Maybe he's gone to Blackwood springs? If he comes back and reads all this, he may wish he had!
'62 and '67 LCC.
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Should we stop now. while we are proverbially ahead, or should we wait for Dan to erase the thread? Sometimes he gets a kick out of this foolishness, and sometimes he doesn't. I vote we wait and see. At least we're interacting with one another, and we started out pretty seriously trying to help the OP, whom Dan thinks is a spammer. Dan can easily tell us to go to a place where no one really wants to go, even if all of our friends are already there.
Wayne

Return to “Chassis, Suspension, Steering & Brakes”