2023 Mileage Challenge Thread (OFFICIAL)

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 2023 Mileage Challenge Thread (OFFICIAL)

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Hibernated the cars over the weekend. Here's the final tally:

Ending miles - 73,395
Starting miles - 73,127

Only 268 for the year; knew it wasn't gonna be a lot.

We'll see what happens next year, no other LCOC shows planned other than Kalamazoo.
Attachments
IMG_0335.jpeg
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I got mine out last month, drove it around for a day with no registration or registration and then put it back in the garage, got good news yesterday, the nurse practitioner, whom we always trust more than doctors, said that I was not on their dying list at all. What doctor would say that? Wayne
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

That is good to see, Wayne. :) Wish that too had been the case with my mother, but...

If the one day of driving is all you have in mind for your car this year, hopefully you can get it legalized again for next year's challenge.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Glad to hear the good news, Wayne!

Not having the car registered is only a problem if you get caught......
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

local cops here know me and would only cuss me out. Not true of the cops in Potsdam NY. I got nabbed for 200 bucks in that town for speeding at 37 MPH in a 20 zone. It seems to me that with my clean record, I should have gotten a courtesy warning, but of course not. I re-read my first post on this and the second word "registration" should have read "insurance". Wayne
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Reminder bump: Two weeks left in this challenge to show off your cars' miles. However much or little you exercised your cars, you have two weeks left to show your efforts.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Last day of the year, so last bump of this thread by me. Below is my registered mileage for the last day.

That brings my total 2023 mileage to 17,715.

Happy New Year, all. Here's hoping it will be happier than this year was. See you next year.

---Tony
Attachments
End mileage for 2023
End mileage for 2023
"Question Authority!"

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”