[HOW TO] 64-65 Sedan B-Pillar Delete

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: [HOW TO] 64-65 Sedan B-Pillar Delete

Post by frasern »

Chevy; I saw the link, but by then I had already taken the pictures, downloaded, resized, and typed everything out, so I posted it anyway. I am not a computer guy, so it took some time.
I have been interested in those hardtops since before I even joined this forum, and I like the look, but as for the decision to drop the style, I think they made the right decision. Lincoln is, after all, in the business of selling cars, I don't think this would have increased the sales, it would simply have drawn from the sedan and convertible sales. It would have been more costly to build, but would have to be priced competitively in order to sell, so profits would have been lower, and complexity would have increased servicing issues. As a collector car, it would be awesome, but that was not Lincolns goal.
I took the top part of the pillar out of my '63 parts car, it is flimsy and simply bolted in, clearly offers no support and it is obvious the car was designed without it. On the '66, it is integrated into the body, so it does add support.

On a side note, Chevy's link shows some parts listings which include the hardtop, I have a Canadian wiring manual which also has that series listed, I posted a page from that earlier. I will try to get a link, but as stated, not a computer guy!
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”