'61-2 LCC 5 wire window motors.

Power windows, power lock, power seats, radios, heaters, fans, motors, relays, air conditioning, and other accessories or wiring-related items.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

'61-2 LCC 5 wire window motors.

Post by frasern »

In another post I mentioned that I have never found a correct wiring diagram for my rear windows, I found one about a month ago, at a swap meet. Usually Ford wiring books are just a reprint of the shop manual, these ones are different, although not much better. But it was cheap, so I got it and really didn't look much until yesterday, I was surprised to find this page, so here it is.
DSCF7116 (2).JPG
DSCF7118 (2).JPG
Comparing the two diagrams, the fifth wire is a second negative which bypasses the circuit breaker, which is about what I thought. So a 4 wire motor could likely be used if needed.
An interesting side note, at the bottom of the page is a reference to model 57C, so it appears the stillborn hardtop was still in the lineup at time of printing.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Re: '61-2 LCC 5 wire window motors.

Post by rick »

Fraser, you are a rare repository of information. They should rename 100TH Street after you.
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
1Bad55Chevy
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by 1Bad55Chevy »

rick wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:29 pm Fraser, you are a rare repository of information. They should rename 100TH Street after you.
Who has the most rare/obscure information, Fraser or Lee?

In the short time I have been a member here I have seen Lee post more pictures of MINT condition shop manual pages then I can count. In my mind he has a massive library at his house but instead of rare expensive books he has rare shop manuals dating back to the Roman chariots.
55 Chevy 2 dr/ht pro street 427
71 Lincoln Mark iii
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee #1168 of 4000
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

For comparison heres what the 61 service manual shows.
20230610_123909.jpg
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

And 1962 from the 1962/63 supplement manual.

I see both these are drawn differently then Frasers, not sure if they show the same outcome or not.

I have 2 versions of the manuals so Frasers post has me wondering now what's different between them.
20230610_124212.jpg
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

Rick; There is no Fraser street, however my house was built on Fredrick street, which is kind of close. (The names were changed to numbers about 50 years ago.)
Mike, I have those manuals and the AEA wiring guides for '61 & 2, as well as a '62 wiring manual pdf from here, all show 4 wire motors, this is the first time I have seen a schematic showing 5 wires, which is what my car has. this link has a bunch more info. about the '61-62 shunt wound motors. In it, John Cashman did talk about the 5 wire motors
https://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/ ... hp?t=50122

As for the documentation, the Lincoln stuff is just part of it, I also have a bunch of Ford truck stuff, some Buick stuff, and a whole bookcase full of 100 year old furniture catalogues that I found in the attic. (My house was owned by a furniture store owner in the '20s, and he was a bit of a pack rat)
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

I totally agree that it's interesting how that one wiring diagram manual has it right. There are a few things not correct in the manuals. I wonder if there was a revision to go with them that have been forgotten over the years. Even with later manuals there are corrections issued especially for 1st year vehicles but you rarely see them offered anywhere. You see them a lot more in parts books, probably because it was easier to replace the loose pages in those binders.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX

Return to “Electrical & Accessories”