'62 Convertible Sold on BAT for $66,500

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: '62 Convertible Sold on BAT for $66,500

Post by Mike »

TonyC wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:26 am
It pre dates metric.
Grand is slang started by gangsters so it's still no better.
You can keep telling yourself that everyone else is wrong but it doesn't make you right.
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. But in a democracy, wrong and right make no difference; only majority consensus matters, right or wrong be damned. That's what makes it a doomed ideology...but enough civics lessons. I don't expect to make a difference, even when I am right; in fact, the less people consider my input, the more right I'm proven.

There is one mistake I made in my past comments: Admitting to the extent of slang. Truth be told, anything used other than the proper numerical references is slang, which makes the metric misuse also slang. And since the metric system has never applied to monetary jargon, well...

---Tony
You just said it, in all ways you are wrong you just can't admit it.
There's no misuse of metric. It all comes down to talking gangster or greek :mrgreen: :smt044
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

TonyC wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:39 pm Refutable argument. You're talking metric measurement references, which do not and never did apply to monetary jargon.
So what does the vast majority of the world (that uses metric) use for monetary jargon if they never used "k" for thousand?
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

Tony, if you don't like K you could take a page from Tony Soprano: "yeah, that Lincoln just sold for 66 LARGE" :-)
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I grew up with 60 grand, but that was a long time ago. Wayne

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”