5th Annual Tampa Kennedy Cruise

This area can be used to ask questions about upcoming events, meets, National or Regional. Those looking to organize local support for an event can utilize this area to inform, update, and modify the details of already published information. Topics over 90 days are deleted automatically.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

5th Annual Tampa Kennedy Cruise

Post by bd94s10 »

Heads up our 5th Annual Tampa Kennedy Cruise will be November 19th, 2022. We will up at 10 AM ET off Kennedy Blvd (more details to come as we get closer).

One reason we do this car cruise (open to all makes/models but Lincolns lead the way) is to remember John F. Kennedy's trip to Tampa in Nov 1963. The trip is well documented in photos and even documentary films. I actually met Lynn Marvin Dingfelder, the producer of “JFK in Tampa: the 50th Anniversary" back on 11.23.2013 during the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination. There was an event held in Downtown Tampa to remember Kennedy on the anniversary of his slaying but also to remember this visit.

More here on the film: https://www.eagletribune.com/news/kenne ... 2d03e.html

Anyway, although it is not quite November yet, we did a small cruise-in last weekend to Rides On The River at Tampa Armature Works. We stopped by the Tampa Postcard Mural as a pre run for this coming November. If you know anyone in the Tampa Bay Area who wants to participate this November please let them know. We have a Facebook Event Page for the 5th Annual Tampa Kennedy Cruise. Chris Dunn from Lincoln Land and others participate and we are super thankful to have their support!

Here are a few pics from this past Saturday. Tony "Boss" Bolin and I were the only 2 Lincolns. Bill Moss has a '68 Lincoln Continental that he bought from someone I believe who was in the FBI back in the day. His is custom and the interior is getting finished now (I sold him a set of killer bucket seats for his car). I hope you guys enjoy.

Red, white and blue

ImageTampa FL 7.16.2022 by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

Driving the red '65 I purchased from Robert with may new Lincoln Addict shirt

Before I put the top down in front of the famous Tampa Postcard Mural

Tony's '68 coupe that he drives everywhere - yes, I get that it is not for everyone but it has hydraulics, wire wheels, seats all re-done to match original, covered dash that looks factory and much more

Here are 2 videos from the day:

Top sequence for the '65 - https://youtu.be/NHQQ4LPrVVI

The day's festivities beginning to end - https://youtu.be/3wzP6dEjojo

Hope you guys enjoy. I get that this isn't for everyone but I take the photos and video plus edit everything for fun so I appreciate those that can watch all the way through. I'm doing my best to highlight these great cars and help people as much as I can (see other videos on my YouTube Channel).
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: 5th Annual Tampa Kennedy Cruise

Post by TonyC »

Interesting. Does this event also cover the rest of the story of the Kennedy Connection? Namely, how his Secretary of Defense was instrumental in making this generation of Lincoln happen? If not, it ought to be made part of the history seminar, so people can see there was more of a connection between Kennedy and these Lincolns than just his being killed in one.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Tony,

Thanks for the comment. No, unfortunately I don’t have time for that. I wish I did.

I’m busy producing and hosting 2 podcasts (Lincoln Addict is 1 and the other I’ma bout to pass the 7 year mark and 3.5 years of that I haven’t missed a Friday), producing content for 2 YouTube Channels including videos for Lincoln Addict YT Channel, working a full time job, being a husband/father, wiring my at home shop for electrical (just finished it and waiting the electric company hookup my service), helping my Mom with a laundry list of stuff (just got a new roof and now we are painting), getting ready to work on my 1990 Mazda B2200 Cab Plus truck and a bunch of other stuff. LOL. Right now just doing a cruise to get people together that ties into JFK’s visit in Nov 1963 including cruising down Kennedy Blvd is about all I can offer up to help bring people together.

Good news it has gotten people to get their cars running/driving and cruise. We know of prob 15+ people that NEVER bring their Lincolns out. It’s been YEARS and we are starting to see them want to get them going because of the cruise. That is what I’m really trying to do. Motivate people to cruise their cars and enjoy them. I don’t always drive mine but surely its better to get them out and drive vs. sitting in a garage for 10+ years lol. We are hopeful we will have 20+ Lincolns at the cruise this year.

PS-I’m intrigued to hear more about how connection to Kennedy and Lincolns. I was born on 11.23 and as a child I would always see the specials about JFK. This is the reason I became intrigued by the man and his assassination. I’ve been reading books on the subjects for many many years. That is one reason I enjoy Lincolns so much. Seeing Kennedy ride in these cars via photos I think really sparked my interest back in the day.

Hope all is well.
Jason B.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

We are about a month away from our 5th annual Tampa Kennedy Cruise. Spread the word and come on out!

There is a Facebook Event page for more info! Meet at 10 am at Dick's Sporting Goods off Kennedy Blvd in Tampa.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Cruise is less than 3 weeks away and we have told roughly 30-50 Lincoln owners about it. How many will show up is another story. Some Lincoln guys in our area refuse to drive their cars. Why is that? A few guys have given us excuses for 5 YEARS!!!!! Saying they have a steering issue or don't want to drive their cars. I'll never understand why someone doesn't work to fix their issue especially if it is minor. I get people are not made of money but sell your car if your NEVER gonna drive it lol. I don't drive my cars all the time but dang at least every few months lol.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Less than a week away. We were on target to have 20-30 Lincolns but Tony recently told me that 8 Lincoln owners gave more excuses on why they can't make it. One guy has been saying for 2-3 years he needs to fix something with his steering... Sometimes I wonder why folks want to own these cars if they never bring them out... even just 1 time per year for a big cruise. Oh well we will see how many we end up with.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Here is the video for our 2022 cruise. Let me know what you think. Also, can you spot the error I made in the video? Please watch till the end as it really helps my Lincoln Addict Channel. I'm working hard to get to 4,000 hours watched and I have a ways to go. Thanks again Chris Dunn from Lincoln Land for coming out!

Video link: https://bit.ly/3F4yqex

C1D7DCA3-FE48-48C2-99A5-A04E6E55A977.JPEG
Thanks for the support!

Return to “Events & Get Togethers”