Wife's 71 Mark iii

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
1Bad55Chevy
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: Wife's 71 Mark iii

Post by 1Bad55Chevy »

Being that my wife and I own a small BHPH car lot we have entered the time of year when our customer base is eithet broke or waiting for tax season to buy vehicles. Being that it's our slow time I get about 6 weeks to really work on my toys without my wife yelling at me for not doing "work" at work. Here is the progress I have made in the past 3 weeks.

Tilt column rebuilt- tilt pins were working themselves out of the mechanism.

Driver side glass removed, tracks & motor cleaned, glass re glues into tracks and re installed.

C6 transmission removed and rebuilt- I rebuilt the transmission replacing bushings, clutches, steels, band, and all new seals. The transmission was shifting fine but was leaking and since a C6 is extremely easy to rebuild I just dropped it and did it. I am still trying to figure out my bushing issue.

Rear ABS system removed from vehicle

Rear axle rebuilt with new bearings and seals

Measured out the dimensions for the rear air springs.
20221202_125721.jpg
Apparently I am getting old... I had to use the trans jack to re install the center section.
20221201_164915.jpg
A exhaust hanger rubbed a hole in the tank and the last person had it plugged with what looked to be JB weld. I am taking the tank to a friend's shop next week to be welded. He has welded a good number of fuel tanks and knows how to do it safely.
20221122_151632.jpg
20221202_152900.jpg
This is how low I will be able to set the car once the suspension is complete.
55 Chevy 2 dr/ht pro street 427
71 Lincoln Mark iii
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee #1168 of 4000