1979 Mark V Givenchy Touch Up Paint

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

kbob

1979 Mark V Givenchy Touch Up Paint

Post by kbob »

Hi Guys,
First time poster who recently acquired a 1979 Mark V Givenchy. I'm having trouble finding touch up paint in "Crystal Blue Moondust Metallic". Doorjamb reads Exterior Paint Color: 65D.

Seems it's a rare color only sprayed on the Givenchys in 79. Any suggestions where I might find touch up paint that matches?

Thanks.
1979 Mark V Givenchy
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: 1979 Mark V Givenchy Touch Up Paint

Post by frasern »

If you want spray cans, they probably won't exist. Most designer cars used unique colours every year. A body shop supply store may be able to mix small batches and put them in a spray can.
I once found a paint code "library" on the net, which listed everything ever made. You may find the mix code somewhere like that.

Edit; I have the '79 Ford chips, and that code is not included. Lincoln used some codes which are not on the Ford chip page, you need a Lincoln page. I found this with my '67 as well, and the Lincoln chip pages are very hard to find.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
RMAENV
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by RMAENV »

Call Flannery's in Bensalem, PA. They make their own spray cans in the original colors. They mix them from old paint charts. https://www.flanneryautomotive.com/
Rob
1966 Lincoln Convertible (White/Black)
1957 Chevy Bel Air Resto-Mod (Anthricite/Black)
2009 Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi (Hemi Orange Pearl/Black)
2012 Expedition EL (White Titanium Tricoat/Charcoal)
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

Any good local automotive paint shop should be able mix the paint you need. If they can't find the code some have ssanners to match the color.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”