65 colors

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

65 colors

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

So I got this today (as did all LCOC members) about the upcoming Mecum auction:

11 Lincoln Continentals Consigned to Mecum Dallas 2022 in September

A 1965 Lincoln Continental Convertible (Lot F230) offered at no reserve is among 11 consigned to date to Mecum Dallas 2022 to take place this September 7-10 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Dallas Convention Center. In total, an estimated 1,500 American muscle cars, classics, Corvettes, trucks, exotics, Hot Rods, customs, and more are expected to cross the auction block with TV coverage on MotorTrendTV and MotorTrend+.

One of five Lincolns from The Thomas and Candace Spiel Collection and one of 3,356 convertibles produced in 1965, this is presented with a Highlander Green exterior, Beige top and Black leather interior and is powered by 430 CI V-8 engine and automatic transmission. Its five-year ground up restoration was completed in 2018 and showcases the factory climate-control system, power steering and brakes, power windows and antenna, power bucket seats with center armrest and storage console, and with an odometer that reads 99,326 miles.

So, based on my understanding and research, Higlander Green was last offered in 1964 and wasn't offered in 1965. Anyone have the 65 color chips to verify?

So, that's why you really need to know what you are looking at before you buy. I learned this at my first trip to Hersey. One of the GM Futureliners was there, and it was right after the Barret Jackson auction, where the Futureliners sold for (I think $6 Million). I asked the people there if that was the one that sold at auction and was tols no. This bus is from NATMUS and is correct. NATMUS was working with the buyer of the BJ auction one to bring it up to snuff and make it correct. So, the guy paid $6 Million (or whatever) for something that wasn't even correct. Now, I know that not all cars are correct, nor does everyone want a stock car. BUT, to drop that much cash on something, you'd think you'd know what you are looking at......

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”