Hydraulic System for Deck Lid Issue - 1966

Anything that pertains only to a convertible goes here. Such as: Top material, pads, mechanism, hydraulic pumps, switch and relay mechanisms, latches, etc.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

Dannimtz

Re: Hydraulic System for Deck Lid Issue - 1966

Post by Dannimtz »

Hi Frasern

The deck lid is open. When I attach the pistons back to the deck lid, with the deck lid in the upright position, the system doesn't seem to have power to pull the lid down. I understand your point on with the weight of the deck lid and gravity. I will try to install the position to the lid when the lid is more at an angle and see if that works. Currently the lid pretty vertical - I don't have anything holding it upright at the moment. Will give that a try and come back to you. Thanks again.
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Hydraulic System for Deck Lid Issue - 1966

Post by frasern »

Okay, that's what I thought the first time. If it had been closing, but not far enough to engage the screws, that would be bracket damage.
The lid will balance in the upright position with the car on level ground. If the pump will not start it downward, something is weak or blocked. I would have an assistant
( or two ) help to lower, or guide the lid as you operate the pump. If it still won't move there is a fluid blockage, but if it just needs help to move, probably the pump. since you say the pump is running, I will rule out an electrical problem.
I hate to post this, but if you crossed the hoses on the valve, that could also cause a blockage.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.

Return to “Convertibles, Convertibles, Convertibles”