Short but very cool video of my 1961 Lincoln convertible

Anything that pertains only to a convertible goes here. Such as: Top material, pads, mechanism, hydraulic pumps, switch and relay mechanisms, latches, etc.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

Bill Prince
Dedicated Enthusiast

Short but very cool video of my 1961 Lincoln convertible

Post by Bill Prince »

A couple of weeks ago I had my 1961 Lincoln Continental convertible in my driveway with the top down, when my neighbor came over to give me a price on new carpet in one of my rent houses. He loved the car (I bring back a different car from my building every now and then, to my house to drive), and asked if he could take a video. I said sure. It was twilight, which is when white cars (in my opinion) look soooo cool! I did not watch him too closely, but noticed that he walked around the car taking the video. He also loved my Prairie Modern (my term) house designs. He said he would send me the video later that night.

Well, I had no idea that he was able to such a fantastic job of taking videos! I was awestruck! Had I known that he was going to make an amazing video, I would have closed my garage door (I have a design on it), and turned the Lincoln lights on - he added a shot at the end with the red tail lights showing.

And the music fits perfectly as well. Now I want him to take videos of all of my cars. Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxe-jj41r-k
Thanks,
Bill

1961 Lincoln Continental Convertible (White/Blue), 1961 Lincoln Continental Sedan (White/Blue - 37K miles), 1972 Mark IV (Pastel Lime/Green). See photos of my cars at Cardomain.com - search for gormanwpjr
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Short but very cool video of my 1961 Lincoln convertible

Post by papawayne »

Cool video! And I can't resist: "Oh I don't care if it rains or freezes, long's I got my plastic...."Wayne
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

The car looks GREAT and the video is SUPER!

Bravo - well done!!
Mark in Charlotte
1963 Lincoln Continental convertible
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Normally I don't look in this sub-forum, as the world has not yet wised up and given me my entitlement. But that was nice. I'm surprised to see that the auto-dim option was available in '61; I thought it was dropped in that year and revived in '62. Now I know differently.

The video would have been even nicer with the top cycling...but I know that would require somebody in the driver's seat to operate the switch. Maybe you can convince your neighbor to shoot another video with the top in action...?

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
elcad70
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by elcad70 »

Bill that is a gorgeous car and a very nice video to record it for perpetuity.
1970 Mark III Lincoln
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

Ohhhhh Yah! Great video. I may be old but that video brings back those small town teenage, nightime cruisin' memories and good feelings.............. or as Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top said:

"Searchin for that wonderful feel,
Of Cruisin' in an automobile."

Rick

P.S. Bill, Is that a Presidential Seal on your dryer in the garage?
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
Bill Prince
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Bill Prince »

Rick,
No, the logo or seal on the washing machine is my private car museum logo that I designed and my son made for me on magnetic vinyl. He owns a graphics business (does vehicle wraps, etc.). He made the Presidential seal on the rear door of my Lincoln convertible.
Prince Car Museum final logo.JPG
Thanks,
Bill

1961 Lincoln Continental Convertible (White/Blue), 1961 Lincoln Continental Sedan (White/Blue - 37K miles), 1972 Mark IV (Pastel Lime/Green). See photos of my cars at Cardomain.com - search for gormanwpjr

Return to “Convertibles, Convertibles, Convertibles”