What's the Deal? Where are we all?

This area can be used to ask questions about upcoming events, meets, National or Regional. Those looking to organize local support for an event can utilize this area to inform, update, and modify the details of already published information. Topics over 90 days are deleted automatically.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

mannye
Occasional Visitor

What's the Deal? Where are we all?

Post by mannye »

It's like when I had a 1969 Road Runner convertible for 12 years. I could never find any Mopar guys in my area.

There's like one guy here in Miami.

I can't imagine that there is only one other guy in the South Florida area that can hang out and have a few cocktails and talk about Lincolns.

Don't make me go buy a Ferrari... I WILL!!! I won't like it, but I will.
action
LCOC Regional Director

Re: What's the Deal? Where are we all?

Post by action »

There is a club, LCOC.org with an active region in Florida. The director of membership Mike McGuire can be contacted at mcguire2106@bellsouth.net

>>>>>>>>>>Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
mannye
Occasional Visitor

Post by mannye »

Thanks Action, I sent him an email.
burnski
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by burnski »

There are dozens of guys in Florida. Hit up Jason Ballard (bd94s10) He's in Tampa and will get you into the scene. Hes active over in the custom section: https://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/ ... 42&t=51010
Pat
Bagged 1964 Lincoln Continental
My Air Ride Install, My FiTech EFI Install
mannye
Occasional Visitor

Post by mannye »

Well, it's been a while.

Mike was kind enough to send some contacts in Florida but unfortunately, none were local. Tampa is great, but it's 4 hours away from Miami. Ditto Clearwater and the "closest" is Ft. Meyers at 3 hours.

How can it be that the most populated area of Florida... South East Florida, has no members? Miami/Ft. Lauderdale?

Are there any events in this part of the state that don't require an overnight trip? Kind of frustrating that a "cars and coffee" type of event requires a large amount of planning and booking hotels. I was hoping to find one or two local enthusiasts. I would understand if I was in a rural area. But darn....

Return to “Events & Get Togethers”