Old TV shows with cars

Discuss automotive and auto-industry-related items here. Non-Auto topics are not permitted.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Old TV shows with cars

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

So since I've been working from home, when I have some free time, I watch TV (none at the office). There is a channel here that broadcast old TV shows from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's (Wagon Train, Mash, etc.). I have now made it a habit to watch Adam-12 at 5 pm. Nice thing about the show is that in addition to checking out all the old cars, pretty much every episode has a Lincoln. The show ran from '68 to '75, so you get a wide variety of cars in general, including the Lincolns.

Now, I'm sure there are TONS of other TV shows with old cars, but most of the time you see the police car on patrol, so there are lots of street scenes with cars parked on the side of the road and driving through Los Angeles. Kinda neat.
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Old TV shows with cars

Post by papawayne »

Stu..there's an early 60s Lincoln that shows up in at least one Andy Griffith show, too. Might even be a 63. I think all the cars on that show are Ford products. Wayne
LC67Vert
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LC67Vert »

Green Acres had a couple of Lincoln Continental convertibles a '65 and a '66 I believe. Edit: a quick internet check says there was also a '67.
Jeff
1967 Lincoln Continental Convertible
CARRJ142

Post by CARRJ142 »

https://www3.9movies.tv/watch/hit-and-r ... ovies.html

Choose, "server vip", to watch without ad's.
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Yup, have seen the one in Andy Griffith. Guy is driving a 63 and needs work done on the car and Goober takes care of it. He's in a real rush and Mayberry is too laid back for him and he gets hissy, but learns to relax. Have also seen the Green Acres episodes. Oliver owns the Lincoln.
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

Was watching some old Perry Mason black and white reruns and saw that Perry was driving a Lincoln convertible. I looked it up on IMBD.com and it states "Mason almost always drove a latest-model, top-of-the-line automobile from Ford Motor Company...in the first three seasons, Ford's "halo car," the amazing Fairlane (Galaxie in 1959) retractable metal hardtop convertible; Seasons 4-9, a Lincoln convertible sedan. (On occasion he would be seen driving a Cadillac instead.)"
Mark in Charlotte
1963 Lincoln Continental convertible
daves
Occasional Visitor

Post by daves »

On "Green Acres" they used a new Lincoln convertible for each season. When the Lincoln convertible was discontinued they switched to one that was a Mercury
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

Stuart M. Cohen wrote:Yup, have seen the one in Andy Griffith. Guy is driving a 63 and needs work done on the car and Goober takes care of it. He's in a real rush and Mayberry is too laid back for him and he gets hissy, but learns to relax. Have also seen the Green Acres episodes. Oliver owns the Lincoln.

I'd seen it before, but the Andy Griffith episode with the '63 sedan was on cable over the weekend so I watched it again :)
Mark in Charlotte
1963 Lincoln Continental convertible
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Hey Stu...this is not the place, but great article in CC. We both had to have some quiet time after reading about your experience with triple A. It was absolutely our experience, almost word for word, right down to how the local cop handled things. After 3 or 4 hours, the local cop talked us into his guy. His guy was there in five minutes, or so it seemed, AND he was also the one who had it fixed by 8 AM the next morning. It was the gas line btw the pump and the carb. We believe that if triple A can't handle it in less than an hour, then they should immediately authorize a substitute. Wayne
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Glad you are liking the articles. Didn't check out the recent issue yet so not sure how many more there are to go. Jeff had to break the article Robin wrote up into multiple issues since it was so long.

Return to “Misc. Automotive Discussion”