Rare Mark V. Really rare.

Any Lincoln fact related question can be posted here. Questions such as how many Contintenal convertibles were produced in MY1965? How much was the Town Car option in 1969? What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere? or Does the Mark II retractible prototype still exist?

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

LincolnGuy
Occasional Visitor

Rare Mark V. Really rare.

Post by LincolnGuy »

Pucci + Cartier Edition. This is nonsense. Right? This guy is pulling someone's leg.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/c ... 23057.html
linc64
TLFer for Life

Re: Rare Mark V. Really rare.

Post by linc64 »

He is obviously just ignorant about the car. It's a Pucci, period. Many people think that the Cartier clock means that the car is a Cartier edition. There were 3,125 Pucci's produced in 1978, but the Givenchy is far more rare with only 917 produced. There were 8,520 Cartiers produced.
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

The price could be a little high or a lot high.

That Mark could have a 400 or a 460. Seller didn't state and he likely doesn't know the difference.
That Mark could have a sunroof and it doesn't

The mileage is rather high and the seller states it has issues. Depending on the issues makes an impact on value. Unless one is just buying based on the way the paint looks. Which the seller says it needs to be re-painted despite stating is has been garaged.

Before I pony up five figures I would want far more and better pictures. Or to see it in person and that isn't going to happen.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
LINC400
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LINC400 »

No, that is not rare. I will tell you what is rare. The Bliss Blass Edition. I have seen lots of Bill Blasses for sale, but only one Bliss Blass ever :D
1976 Continental Mark IV Givenchy
2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary convertible
previously owned
1979 Continental Mark V Cartier
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

LINC400 wrote:No, that is not rare. I will tell you what is rare. The Bliss Blass Edition. I have seen lots of Bill Blasses for sale, but only one Bliss Blass ever :D
Ha Ha. :lol:
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Steve K »

But the Bris Blass was the rarest of all. I understand there was a special pull out on the assembly line where these cars were taken as soon as assembly was complete. They stayed there for 8 days and then there was a formal gathering and a lot of food and even a cake. Shortly after the ceremony began, a Rabbi employed by Ford blessed the car and then using a sacred cut off wheel reshaped the tips of the exhaust pipes. There are many other facts about the lives of these cars after they were sold, but in the interest of political correctness and respect, I won't go into them here.
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Did any of the relatives at the Bris complain, Why this name? No one else in our family has it! Wayne