1958 Continental Mark III clamshell 4-door

This area is reserved for the ever growing need for technical documentation for our Lincolns. It is where scans and pics of schematics, wiring diagrams, vacuum diagrams, technical bulletins, and all similar documentation is made available to members of TheLincolnForum.Net. The best part is it is all free. Original owners copyright is assumed as this information is only provided as a reference for members.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Barry Wolk
TLFer for Life

Re: 1958 Continental Mark III clamshell 4-door

Post by Barry Wolk »

You weren't at the Halloween party, I assume.
'56 Mark II convertible, '51 Royal Spartanette, '56 Chris Craft Continental
'68 Lincoln Continental Limo, '77 Town Car, '55 356 Porsche Continental cabrio,
'69 Mark III convertible,'88 BMW 750iL, '88 BMW 325iX, '97 BMW Z-3, '98 ML-320

My newest car is 15 years old!
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: 1958 Continental Mark III clamshell 4-door

Post by TonyC »

I just saw this thread, old as it is. I must say, even though it clearly has a '50s look to it, it still looked a lot classier than that year Eldo-Brougham. It might have been quite a seller, even though the flash-recession of that year hit all American makes hard (except for George Romney's Ramblers). It certainly would have made the Edsel of that year the craziest-looking car in Ford's lineup--as it actually was, the '58 Edsel looked conservative in styling compared to the '58 Lincoln.

Not that I'm hatin', I'm just stating a fact. Seeing a '58 is cool, especially if it's a Mark III model. But its time is easy to identify.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)