Trick Question For The Category

Any Lincoln fact related question can be posted here. Questions such as how many Contintenal convertibles were produced in MY1965? How much was the Town Car option in 1969? What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere? or Does the Mark II retractible prototype still exist?

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

TonyC
TLFer for Life

Trick Question For The Category

Post by TonyC »

Hi, all,

I can't believe that after all these years as part of the Forum that I only TODAY discovered the trick question in the description of this category...and I did a search, and I don't know if anyone else caught it. "What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere?"

That could almost be a voir-dire question out of My Cousin Vinny: Lincoln didn't issue the Premiere until '56; the only models in '53 were the Cosmopolitan and the Capri. Unbelievable it took me 13 years to see that.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Trick Question For The Category

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Hah! I wrote that and didn't even know i did it!
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Speaking of Premiere, I think it's very cool that the new Continental has a Black Label "Premiere" option.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
ContiFan
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by ContiFan »

John Mc wrote:Speaking of Premiere, I think it's very cool that the new Continental has a Black Label "Premiere" option.
Not quite. "Premiere" is the name for the entry trim level in the Lincoln lineup. For most current Lincolns it goes Premiere, Select, Reserve, and Black Label.
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

ContiFan wrote:
John Mc wrote:Speaking of Premiere, I think it's very cool that the new Continental has a Black Label "Premiere" option.
Not quite. "Premiere" is the name for the entry trim level in the Lincoln lineup. For most current Lincolns it goes Premiere, Select, Reserve, and Black Label.
I stand corrected.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
gradyjacoway
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by gradyjacoway »

Tony,

Did you know the 63 to 65 Buick Rivera drive shafts interchange for 64- to 69 Limo ?
Regular 64 to 69 sedans and coupes drive shafts will not interchange with the Limo.

Took me awhile to believe the facts.

Grady
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

A Riv drive shaft fits the Limousines?? I never would have thought that. :shock:

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)