Submitted Picture Question Please?

Check here for the latest information about this forum, its policies, rules, changes, backup schedule, features, etc.
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Submitted Picture Question Please?

Post by John Mc »

Whenever I upload a picture to the forum from my iPad or iPhone the size is automatically reduced to meet the size requirements. Not so when uploading from my computer, must do manually. Anyone know if there is a setting I can change on my computer? :?:
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Submitted Picture Question Please?

Post by Dan Szwarc »

It means that the picture already meets the requirement and is somehow pre-reduced. From your computer, the files must be "full-resolution", whatever that is.

Of course, it could be an iPad/iPhone thing, too.
continentalguy
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by continentalguy »

John Mc wrote:Whenever I upload a picture to the forum from my iPad or iPhone the size is automatically reduced to meet the size requirements. Not so when uploading from my computer, must do manually. Anyone know if there is a setting I can change on my computer? :?:
I never tried uploading a picture that I took from my iPhone or iPad. I will try this and get back to you. If so, that is excellent that it automatically is either the right size or makes it the right size. :)
-Allan

'54 Lincoln Capri Sport Coupe, '56 Continental Mark II, '61 Lincoln Continental Convertible,
'62 Lincoln Continental Sedan, '70 Lincoln Mark III, '72 Lincoln Mark IV, '17 Lincoln MKC
continentalguy
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by continentalguy »

Test from iPhone.
Attachments
Me and a Model T
Me and a Model T
Last edited by continentalguy on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Allan

'54 Lincoln Capri Sport Coupe, '56 Continental Mark II, '61 Lincoln Continental Convertible,
'62 Lincoln Continental Sedan, '70 Lincoln Mark III, '72 Lincoln Mark IV, '17 Lincoln MKC
continentalguy
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by continentalguy »

I believe the iPhone just resizes the picture for you. On your computer you would have to manually resize the photo. However, uploading via an iPhone or iPad seems to be a lot less hassle. :)
-Allan

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

2048x1536 pixels. The forum limit is 2048x2048 or 4MP.

Return to “Forum Information & Rules”