1951 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Convertible 2DR

This area is for members to post Lincoln-related automotive items for sale or trade (help the buyer find you!). Auction links are allowed. Dealers in automotive parts are discouraged from using this free bulletin board to advertise their "for profit" sales. Personal sales are encouraged to help Lincoln owners fix their cars. Please post to your message if the item has been sold. All posts over 90 days old will be deleted.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

overton

1951 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Convertible 2DR

Post by overton »

This 1951 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Convertible used to belong to Dan Dykema of Il. She's rumored to have been owned by Kirk Douglas when she was new and was featured in the May - June 1997 issue of Continental Comments. She's is perhaps the finest example available. Driven a shade over 2000 miles since being fully restored to the highest degree. The car is Brewster Green. I'm selling her on behalf of my neighbor. Located in Johnston, IA.

I have purchased a six month listing on Hemmings and I'm sharing this with forum members who may have an interest. You will find the Hemming Ad here. https://www.hemmings.com/auction/1951-l ... -ia-716724
IMG_8186.JPG
Thank you,
Gregory Overton
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 1951 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Convertible 2DR

Post by John Mc »

I’ve seen this car many times, and actually worked on this car in my shop during one of our Lake Shore Events at our home. It is absolutely stunning, must be one of the most beautiful 1951’s you will ever find.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
overton

Re: 1951 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Convertible 2DR

Post by overton »

Thanks John:

Not sure what you may have worked on but "Thank You." We did receive an offer on the Car via the listing at Hemmings. It was considerably lower than the sellers minimum so she remains for sale. I think the car is perhaps the best example that exists today which put her well about the market average.

Best Wishes,
Greg Overton