1962 Dealer Brochure

This area is reserved for the ever growing need for technical documentation for our Lincolns. It is where scans and pics of schematics, wiring diagrams, vacuum diagrams, technical bulletins, and all similar documentation is made available to members of TheLincolnForum.Net. The best part is it is all free. Original owners copyright is assumed as this information is only provided as a reference for members.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

1962 Dealer Brochure

Post by Lee »

This was my b’day gift this year from the wife, so while it’s in hand, I thought I’d post it.
Fraser: now I have a ‘62 hardtop of my own. That model could have made me even buy a Chevy.
Attachments
IMG_1104.jpeg
IMG_0485.jpeg
IMG_0486.jpeg
IMG_1106.jpeg
IMG_1107.jpeg
IMG_1108.jpeg
IMG_1109.jpeg
IMG_0483.jpeg
IMG_1110.jpeg
IMG_1112.jpeg
IMG_1111.jpeg
IMG_1113.jpeg
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: 1962 Dealer Brochure

Post by frasern »

That's the one, I got mine at a swap meet, so no shipping and I could see it before purchasing. Side note, all of the outside door locks are '61!
I still need the "glovebox" owners manual. I found a '64 a while back for C$2!, wrong year, but for that price, close enough!
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

frasern wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:19 pm That's the one, I got mine at a swap meet, so no shipping and I could see it before purchasing. Side note, all of the outside door locks are '61!
I still need the "glovebox" owners manual. I found a '64 a while back for C$2!, wrong year, but for that price, close enough!
I'd say! Some of those owners manuals go for crazy money.

I think I have thst 62 brochure too.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

frasern wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:19 pm That's the one, I got mine at a swap meet, so no shipping and I could see it before purchasing. Side note, all of the outside door locks are '61!
I didn’t notice the locks until you mentioned it. If you just want to read a copy of the owners manual, you can find it at this Lincoln Land link (along with a lot of cool sales info): https://lincolnlandinc.com/product-cate ... -info-etc/
The interesting thing, is that I found that out some months ago by accident. The “reference” links do not appear anywhere on their home page. Or at least I can’t find it. But if you Google something like “1962 Lincoln owners manual”, it pops up.

PS, also notice that the shift levers are in approximately the D2 position, and in the blue interior, the speedo needle is sitting around 40 mph with nobody behind the wheel.
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

Brochures are printed long before production starts, so they are often full of irregularities, I poured over it pretty good when I got it.
Something I have never figured out is the steering wheels, It seems the cars with stainless trim, used the '61 type coloured wheel with an underslung horn. But with wood trim, they had a woodgrain wheel with a top horn. I only see the later type used in '63. Weird.
I will look up that manual, also check ford heritage vault, lots of stuff there, but I cant seem to get a link, I'm still pretty bad with computers.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.