Donations list

Check here for the latest information about this forum, its policies, rules, changes, backup schedule, features, etc.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Donations list

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Donations (at) TheLincolnForum.net via PayPal.

James Arnold
jtheye
Mike Light
David Moyer
RMAENV (Rob)
mge825y (Mark)
Alvise

If I forget your name or username, post.

Many thanks to all who support the forum.
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Re: Donations list

Post by jtheye »

Yes!!!!!! It seems that PayPal is not as quick as the Forum and myself. I tried many times while logged into PayPal and in the "Send Money" box, typing in the "Donations@TheLincolnForum.net" and it wouldn't recognize it. It is NOW at least recognizing the username. It then asks who is the "Recipient"? Do we put Dan or TheLincolnForum? I tried to donate, but was too dense to realize that all I have is a credit card linked to my PayPal. So I will need to link a bank account to be able to donate. It is looking like using a card number requires a purchase of a product and results in fees needing to be paid by TheLincolnForum. Please post who we should be putting as the "Recipient" and hopefully everyone else realizes it should be a cash donation from a linked bank account.

All right everybody! We have all talked about donating, time for us to "put up" before the TheLincolnForm "shuts up"!
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Put “Donations (at) TheLincolnForum.Net” as recipient.

Use an @ for the (at) no spaces.
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

Be aware that PayPal can take a little bit of time to link a bank account. For me, I am waiting for PayPal to do some deposit/withdrawl thing to confirm my account. It appears that if you use a credit card for a cash donation, it could be subject to a "cash advance" and all fees associated with it.
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

If possible, just use your credit card. Don’t link to an account. It’s not safe. I still don’t trust PayPal not to empty my bank account.
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

Hello everybody out there. I ended up having to mail in my donation to TheLincolnForum due to me not being able to speak the language of PayPal. To those who have made donations I applaud you, but unless I am missing something on the Donations List there seems to be a problem. I don't know about the rest of you, but for me I have gotten so much information about my Lincoln off of THIS forum. No other Facebook group or other web site has come close to answering my questions. When the Forum went down, and all the info was not at my finger tips, I actually wondered what the hell I was going to do. Prior to the attack when the announcement that the Forum might shut down, there were many who claimed they were going to make donations to help with the costs of running this Forum. TheLincolnForum.net doesn't have adds posted all over the place, doesn't make you watch 2 commercials prior to every post and watch 2 more commercials every 5th posting. STEP UP PEOPLE! The amount of knowledge here is worth way more than a small $20 donation per year. We spend WAY more on our cars, so stop being a cheapcreep and step up to the plate. My last request Dan would be if this Donation List can be in its own category? This should be easy to find and right in peoples face at all times.
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

David Moyer has previously donated.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Thank you for the donation, Rob.
wallace42
Occasional Visitor

Post by wallace42 »

$100 aus coming your way via Paypal, keep up the good work.
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

Fill 'er up Dan - payment sent. Ditto to what Wallace 42 said.
Mark in Charlotte
1963 Lincoln Continental convertible
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Thanks, Mark! Much appreciated!
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Thanks, Alvise!
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I have paid the invoice for hosting the forum for another year.

Thanks to everyone who supported me.
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

Hello everybody, I hope that many have stepped up to the plate to keep this forum going. I know for a fact that many of the Facebook groups provide answers and info to questions about peoples Lincolns, directly from info they got from this forum. To me it comes across as someone who wants to appear to know more than they actually do. I hope those who visit this site every once in awhile will donate as little as $5.00 This forum has more info about our Lincolns than any social media group. We also have a place to posts pics and follow each others journey of purchases, builds, finding parts and civil discussion. I love getting the pokes about my Rezinental from the purists. I love poking the purists back about their boring stock cars. I love that these same purists are always the first to step up and help me with any question I have when it comes to my far from stock build. Respect to all of you who have helped with a larger or smaller donation for 2023. Skip the coffee stop today and donate a little.
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan

Return to “Forum Information & Rules”