18 July 2020 forum outage.

Check here for the latest information about this forum, its policies, rules, changes, backup schedule, features, etc.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

18 July 2020 forum outage.

Post by Dan Szwarc »

On July 18, many may have noticed that the site site was down and our account was suspended.

This was our hosts way to punishing a customer for being under attack from the outside.

We’re back for now and online but it will likely happen again.

Registrations are closed for now.
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: 18 July 2020 forum outage.

Post by TonyC »

:shock: I did notice that, but I didn't know what caused that. When I saw "Account Suspended," I was wondering what that meant, whether I may have rubbed somebody's feathers the wrong way and was getting "punished" individually (I'm no stranger to that on Facebook, though the past couple of times I did manage to beat them). I had no idea the whole Forum was suspended! So, somebody in a cave somewhere is playing the role of Führer Zuckerberg and suspending on a whim??

Sounds to me that more frequent, more regular backups to the Forum may be in order, just in case it has to be transferred to another server-hosting service that is less gestapo-like. :shifty:

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: 18 July 2020 forum outage.

Post by papawayne »

Thanks, Dan for all you do to keep us up and running! Wayne

Return to “Forum Information & Rules”