Kabong

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

rick
Lincoln Maniac

Kabong

Post by rick »

Automatic garage door opener bracket loosened off, then spun round on it's track.......got tangled in the chord to my 15 pound electrical heater and plucked it off the top shelf - dumping it four feet down onto my Lincoln.

Before my horrified eyes the heater landed square on the stainless steel trim section that runs the length of my '61's right front fender. The heater bounced off and all I was left with was a very small dent in the trim. Can you believe it? I still can't.

These are unbelievable cars

Rick
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Kabong

Post by papawayne »

As an older fella than I once said, "I've seen Worse". You are profoundly lucky. I won't say how this happened, because it involves true stupidity on my part, but the glass window in my garage door departed its rightful place and landed on the trunk of my 63. I got scratches. Wayne
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: Kabong

Post by TonyC »

2006, I was living in San Antonio, and the city got hit with back-to-back hail storms around April or May. I was at home during the first one, watching it pound everything from my front door. Anyone ever see horizontal hail? I was waiting to see a window shatter. There were no carports, so Frankenstein was in the thick of it, still fresh from the damage done by that brake failure that February. After it passed, I went out to assess the damage done. There was no trace of hail damage on Frankenstein! All the dealerships in the city, though, as well as owners who had their cars outside, were hurting badly...then came the second hailstorm, while they were still reeling from the damage from the first. Same results: Every wheeled conveyance that was outside got cratered like a moonscape (again in most cases), except Frankenstein.

They're not indestructible, but they are much tougher than most give them credit for.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”