2004 Lincoln Mark X prototype to be auctioned

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: 2004 Lincoln Mark X prototype to be auctioned

Post by TonyC »

Right, let's shut down the GPS and try to get back on the path of the title topic. Anybody have updates on who owns this car (the Mark X concept) now, and how much of an advance on his rich aunt's will he had to take to get it?

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I think it died. Tony, when we picked up the GPS and went for a ride with no understanding as to where we were headed, but it was a fun ride regardless of where the GPS was taking us. I think the same thing happened to the poor fellow who was asking about Blackwood Springs and the GPS took us to a cemetery. Technically. If I'm going home from Northern Maine, the GPS puts me on a dirt road that no one would take unless they had never looked at a map. Wayne
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

Sounds like a GM GPS which recently directed me to drive into a transit system and another time through a field in the middle of nowhere.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

Driving around here with a gps, on the grid roads, is hilarious. Siri, or whoever, keeps telling me to get back on a road. And if I am on a road, she wants me to drive into a lake!
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Driving through a field is a thing. Our GPS showed that thing and it meant that a new road had been created that the GPS didn't know about. Don't ever go anywhere without a map. A map has saved us from some serious disasters, especially in New York State. The possibilities give this old man the creeps. All in all, though, having a GPS has also saved our sanity on several occasions. Sorry, Tony, I don't know who got the Mark X concept car. Wayne
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

Someone stuck one of those blind spot mirrors on it so maybe it has been driven a bit.
X  rear.jpg
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”