BD-19246-A curb feelers

This area is for members to post Lincoln-related automotive items for sale or trade (help the buyer find you!). Auction links are allowed. Dealers in automotive parts are discouraged from using this free bulletin board to advertise their "for profit" sales. Personal sales are encouraged to help Lincoln owners fix their cars. Please post to your message if the item has been sold. All posts over 90 days old will be deleted.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

dstryr

BD-19246-A curb feelers

Post by dstryr »

BD-19246-A 1950-1957 Lincoln/Mercury Curb Feelers

This set was in my great uncle's collection of parts for a Lincoln he once owned. It is complete with original correct screws.

$30 plus the ride to your destination in the USA.

http://www.dstryr.com/BD-19246-A.jpg
dstryr, since 1986
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: BD-19246-A curb feelers

Post by Dan Szwarc »

My brother had curb feelers on his 85 Marquis. They made the most horrible grinding sound when they felt the curb.
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I think that's the point. Remember Western Auto, or the mail order catalogue that had everything for cars that I can't remember right now? It's gone, everybody got it.
1Bad55Chevy
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by 1Bad55Chevy »

papawayne wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:50 am I think that's the point. Remember Western Auto, or the mail order catalogue that had everything for cars that I can't remember right now? It's gone, everybody got it.
These guys?
https://www.jcwhitney.com/
55 Chevy 2 dr/ht pro street 427
71 Lincoln Mark iii
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee #1168 of 4000
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

Warshawsky was better, IMO
Attachments
IMG_0652.jpeg
IMG_0653.jpeg
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

That second pic looks like the old paper jc Whitney catalogs. I used to love getting those and looking through them.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

It was JC Whitney! Are they really still around? In High School I could have gotten an entire exhaust system for my 67 Chevy, maybe an Impala who knows, memory is bad, alas, though, some idiot I am intimate with tried to pass a school bus one morning, but everything was a noisy fail.
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

They still have a website but from what I've seen it's like do many other online companies now. No more cool catalog and all that oddball stuff.
Story here on it:

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/no ... tive-icon/
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I am old, and I miss the old catalogues. Remember Sears? Great tools. Catalogues were great salespersons. You'd flip through the thing in the evenings and imagine what your car would be like if you had all of the stuff they sold for it. Curb feelers were one of those things, remember this thread? And my favorite was a glass mirror thing that reflected the traffic lights. All this stuff is gone, now. I am ashamed to admit that until yesterday, when I was put to rights, I thought Taylor Swift was a male. We guys were reading Tom Swift and the women we married were reading Nancy Drew. Oh well, life goes on. I have been told I must listen to Taylor Swift. It will educate me. Perhaps I am not too old to be educated. Wayne
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

We did a lot of our Christmas wish list from the sears wish list catalog. Looked forward to that coming every year.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Yeah, JCW is still around, but nothing they offer really is of any significance anymore. They used to have cool items that I could and would retrofit on any '60s or '70s car, to make them on par with '80s and '90s cars ('cept of course for drivetrain doo-dads, but I'm not going to go there now). I did about as much bizz with them in the '90s as I did with Ron Baker, which was a lot. Even in 2000/1, they still had some things I could use for Frankenstein.

Now...*meh* :|

Luckily I've learned where to find creature-comforts I'd want to add to my vintage collection outside of JCW. But, how I miss those old catalogue days when they were at their prime.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Oh Tony, you must have bought that gas line thing that you bolted on a gas line for better gas mileage. I almost did. This would have been for my second car, which I would love to have back, a 1974 Opel Manta. What a cool car, it looked like a little Camaro, but didn't go very fast at all. I raced a Datsun once on RT128 and he beat me. The other one Opel had looked like a little Corvette. Wayne