1968 lincoln window crooked

Power windows, power lock, power seats, radios, heaters, fans, motors, relays, air conditioning, and other accessories or wiring-related items.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

Cole1968
Occasional Visitor

1968 lincoln window crooked

Post by Cole1968 »

I have a 1968 lincoln continental 4 door, one of my windows is slightly crooked when all the way up and is not sitting properly against the weather stripping. Is there a way to fix/adjust this?
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: 1968 lincoln window crooked

Post by Dan Szwarc »

There are many adjustments to the window orientation within the door. It's shown in the shop manual, but not described in detail. I recommend you pull the door panel, the convenient access door, and investigate and make conclusions based on what you see.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 7.16.06 PM.png
Cole1968
Occasional Visitor

Post by Cole1968 »

That's what I figured, thank you for the feedback
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

The manual describes the different adjustment points as well as the order to adjust them in order to get proper placement. The passenger front window on my ‘67 sedan was a bit off and I was able to adjust it until it was nearly perfect using that procedure.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
George W
Lincoln Maniac

Re: 1968 lincoln window crook

Post by George W »

There’s a short horizontal guide track that controls the front to back “tilt” of the top edge of of the window glass. It controls / guides the lower leg of the window regulator which pivots in a scissors like manner. You’ll see the two retaining / adjusting nuts about a foot down from the top edge of the door’s inner panel. They’re easily identified as they’re only about 6” apart and the adjustment slots are at an angle. You can play with this adjustment when the window is lowered a few inches down from all the way up. Once you get the glass to raise and lower in a level manner you then need to adjust the front and rear up stops at the top of the door so the glass hits both stops at the same time and the rear vertical edge of the glass is parallel with the B pillar post ( sedan ) or the leading vertical edge of the rear door window ( convertible )
1965 Sedan, white w/ black vinyl top and red leather. 28k miles
Cole1968
Occasional Visitor

Post by Cole1968 »

Thank you, I remember exactly what your talking about that's why it's crooked.I took it off to remove the regulator and couldn't rember where it went. Thank you for the feedback

Return to “Electrical & Accessories”