72 Mark IV Opera Window Delete

Any Lincoln fact related question can be posted here. Questions such as how many Contintenal convertibles were produced in MY1965? How much was the Town Car option in 1969? What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere? or Does the Mark II retractible prototype still exist?

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: 72 Mark IV Opera Window Delete

Post by TonyC »

:smt055 I think I'm in love. Yours is only the second Mark IV I've ever seen without the opera-window option--the first being the prototype used in the sales brochure.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
trav721

Post by trav721 »

TonyC wrote::smt055 I think I'm in love. Yours is only the second Mark IV I've ever seen without the opera-window option--the first being the prototype used in the sales brochure.

---Tony
Glad you like it! It is going to be a lot of work to get her up and going again. It seems like everytime I get into it I find more rust. But I am excited that one day ill be able to cruise it around in style once again. I'll try to keep everyone updated on the progress.
jeffmounce
Frequent Contributor

Post by jeffmounce »

Hey, that is pretty cool! I've never seen one, that sail panel looks huge. Good luck with your Mark!
Jeff Mounce
'70 Continental Mark III, '70 Buick Skylark
2000 Chevy Silverado, 2010 Mercedes Benz E350,
2012 Audi S5